1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/23/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2012.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

I think tonight showed that when Parsons gets enough touches he could be a legitimate number two scoring threat.

2. booster rocket

Lin did seem different tonite, no? More gusto. Knicks in town musta lit a fire in his belly.....now....need to fan those flames baby! Keep it goin! harden is a beast ala a young MJ IMHO. Asik....by the playoffs, he will be KEY! Parsons....add a few more pounds of muscle and he will be an allstar. Just my two cents

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Not really. He may have been pressing a bit at the start but he did end up with 8 assists.
    Overall the Rockets just outplayed the Knicks in almost every aspect.

4. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you very much.

5. kozmo

kozmo Member

yea felton passes the ball to melo, and melo scores.....not much there...

lin didnt play in the 4th.....stats lie

plus lin didnt always cover felton....sometimes he was on Kidd

6. Mr. Space City

more strippers for harden :cool:

you can get some too parsons :cool:

7. mirus

mirus Member

ok and based on the boxscore cp is mvp tonight and harden drawing fouls are contributing tonight? and also knicks defense i think.even the regular posters there are killing them for lack of effort.

thanks again.i probably watch it later.

8. kozmo

kozmo Member

lack of effort by the knicks is who they are.....theyve lost 3 out of the last 5.....

its a race to the bottom. it wasnt that Lin was a great scorer last year, It was that he made them better by inspiring them to play defense....

i hate the knicks, they are everything i hate about pro basketball

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

Yes, Parsons and Harden were unbelievable tonight, but honestly neither team played exceptional defense.
    The Rockets were more assertive on offense from the very start.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Lin Fans must have loved the game tonight.

11. me005

me005 Member

Career night for Parsons, another monster performance by Asik, and Harden brilliant as usual.

I really don't think Lin has to score that much, he can be a PG like Rondo (sure not at that level now, but can work on it). He's the 2nd best rebounder in tonight's game.

Big win tonight. Let's get back to 0.5!

12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I am a Lin fan, this game was by no means a linsanity game. However, Lin definitely got some of his swag back in this game, you can see it in his face and in his eyes. He absolutely had a pep in his step. He needed to get this Knicks monkey off his back. I think he will slowly regain his game from here on out.

Stephen A. On ESPN radio sounds pissed off at his Knicks but still refuses to give Lin any credit "nothing special about his game!". "Houston rockets aint no miami heat, who the hell is chandler parsons?!". He sounds pissed, I love it!

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

I'm guessing you haven't watched much of the Knicks this season. They are a VERY good team and defense had been their hallmark until recently.

That's what makes this win by the Rockets all the more impressive.

14. mirus

mirus Member

Thanks 34to11 again

lol. I thought they break the RR curse

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

We loved it that he gained his confidence back. This is a big psychological barrier that he just broke with this win over the Knicks. Knick players have been smack talking about him . Felton and Smith. It must have affected him with doubt. Especially when the Knicks looked unbeatable.

But Jlin has to thank his teammates. They knew that he needed this win, and everyone came with their game face. Just imagined if we lost and Jlin was destroyed. I was fearing that it would have spelt the end for him mentally.

And so he lives another day in NBA, to battle with the Rockets.

Go rockets!

16. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

I MISSED THIS GAME.. ANYONE HAS THE WHOLE GAME RECORDED?

17. kozmo

kozmo Member

Ive actually watched them a lot....this is who they are.... the last 5 games they didnt play any d....melo cares about stats.....winning isnt big in his mind

watch what happens to them.....they will start to fall apart, they already are

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Realgm Knicks board is on fire lol

Anyway did any one see Parsons kicking the ball when Melo was trying to pick it up? It's hilarious and gif worthy

19. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

That is what I have been saying.... I think Lin saw Rondo's crazy 20-20-20 game last season and I think he sees him as the kind of player to aspire to. I think Lin should concentrate on facilitating... Utilize harden and parsons skills... And once Asik becomes better with his ball handling, he can be anoer target... Get a max contract offer for a PF and Lin will easily be averaging 10 assists a game... N one would care if he only averages 10 per game in that case.

20. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Best game this season, it means a lot , especially for lin. I used to like tyson, not anymore. I just dont like JR, NEVER. Only player I like is steve novak in that team, still lin's friend.

Go rocket, go lin!!!