1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/21/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2015.

1. roidrage

roidrage Member

we did not get blown out a moral victory for the Rockets

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

We might have a problem then. The worst course of action is to extend a broken down max player into his mid 30s.

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dont blow up the team just yet, still got a lot of basketball left

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Porzingis...wow.

5. ibm

ibm Member

extend d12? no way. i am afraid that he'd opt in.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Really? They will trade assets for a rental who can't even play b2b and has a history of leaving teams? In the middle of the most crazy FA period when there are teams that will have 60+ million to spend???
    Which teams will be interested in trading for him? Names.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes still a lot of losing to do, lol. Seriously I haven't had this hopeless feeling for the Rockets in a long time. They can't pass they cant shoot, they've all seemed to have lost Basketball IQ overnight. Same plays as when Mchale was here a little bit better movement and defense. I know we should give them time but we really don't have much time to give, it's already December in a week.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Did we see Harrell at all in the 2nd half? Maybe we did and I missed it.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If Dwight opts out Im not sure we'll have as much cap room as people seem to think, I'm not sure. You would probably have to trade him once he gives a heads up that he's not staying, hopefully sooner rather than later.

10. ibm

ibm Member

idk. maybe a trade is good for both the team and dwight.

i like him, but to spend some 20mils on an over-the-peak center whose body has a lot of wear and tear just doesnt make sense.

our window to win it all with h-h combo is really just yr, which seems to be already over. i guess that's what frustrates les the most.

11. hansgee

hansgee Contributing Member

Seriously we need to bench jones. I dont care about stats but missing point black lay-ups is really troubling to see

12. ibm

ibm Member

... is really just this yr.

fixed.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How can I name the teams when we're about 15% of the way through the season? Who knows who will think they have a shot of going all the way if they add Dwight to their roster? Remember, these teams will be expecting to get "Playoff Dwight" come late April. Someone out there will roll the dice on that. Like I said, we may not get anything great in return, but it may better than letting him walk for nothing.

And if the alternative is we do hang onto him and then let him leave so we clear up that cap space, so be it.

14. malakas

malakas Member

you can name teams who have a hole at starting center, are win now even if it's early in teh season and have contracts to trade even if the assets aren't so big. And have some kind of delusion they can keep such a big name player as Dwight even with high competition. (which is a given with so much money flowing around).

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I feel like these guys are taking turns being a major reason why we lose.

Tonight TJ was allergic to rebounds
    Last night Thornton decided he was Kobe
    Prior loss Harden decided not to play defense.
    Then of course Dwight gets to rest. It's annoying.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is true. It's always something different. Nothing is ever clicking with this team. Just not our year...

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

No team clicks on all cylinders every night. Rockets just don't have any discipline at all and don't do fundamental things. Box out, crisp passes, defense, effort...ect...

That goes back to coaching. The team was winning so no one paid attention, but these guys just played loose and free, but Guys were hitting shots...Harden was on another level...

It's time to bring some discipline back.

18. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

You would think that things like effort are things that come naturally with these "professional" basketball players. It's shameful that we expect that they need to be motivated to give 100% in a game.

19. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yup, we totally have the guys who will respond positively to discipline. More tough love and benchings should turn this whole thing right around.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I am seeing progress with the defense and effort in all three games. I saw better shot selection tonight. The next step is to avoid end of quarter meltdowns. I would normally be livid at a loss like this, but they were so incredibly bad during the four game losing streak that these two losses don't sting as much. I got a feeling they will still miss the playoffs, though. Lawson is worthless.