1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/21/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Then trade him. As far as I know, he doesn't have a no trade clause, right? The Rockets can shop him around at the trade deadline(or sooner) and see what assets a team might be willing to part with for the guy. Believe me, Dwight will welcome a trade if it means actually having a shot at the playoffs(never mind a title).

Then start Capela full-time. He's still raw and only 21, but the kid keeps improving as he gets more playing time and experience. Plus with Dwight gone, that frees up all the touches in the post for D-Mo. You can see if he can recapture his 2014-15 form and determine if he's worth a fat extension next summer. If those two pan out, you've got your C and PF for the next decade and you can focus on getting Harden some help at SF and PG(Lawson doesn't look like the answer) and off the bench.

2. ibm

ibm Member

u serious? whether or not we're playoffs-bound is a serious question right now.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

OMG, Rox lost to the Knicks.. Just got in.

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Good post!!

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This....

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I'm as frustrated as you are, but let's get real. Playoffs aren't "nearly out of the question at this point." What does that even mean - that we've dug a hole too deep to get out of it? We are ~3 games out of 4th in the Western Conference, we have a TON to play for at the moment.

7. malakas

malakas Member

You can't trade Dwight. Even if he opts in (which has no chance of happening). Do you think with his history there will be many teams giving assets on the chance of managing to get him to stay?No. But they will go after him in FA for free without risking losing assets.
    The only team that might have done it would be big market teams like Miami but they got Whiteside now and spent their assets on Dragic (who has been very dissapointing so far).

8. i3artow i3aller

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Did NY miss a 3? Didn't seem like it.
    Geez, for a 3 point shooting side we're supposed to be, we SUCK at it!
    Just want to curl in a corner and cry right now.
    Zingers going to be something special.

10. SeabrookMiglla

we are still playoffs bound, but we need to pull it together and fast.

i think we looked a lot better tonight, but we still have some work to do.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The locker room is a disaster right now. The leadership is nonexistent and there's no cohesiveness or continuity. Confidence is at an all time low, thus the reason for all the bad shooting. Nobody really knows their roles and responsibilities. Somehow some way they forgot how to communicate with one another on both ends of the court, especially on defense. ( as we can see they're giving up 100+ to scrub teams at an alarming rate).

Count something has to light a spark in them.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

A team will take a chance on the big fella malakas.

13. SeabrookMiglla

kinicks were shooting lights out tonight, rockets were shooting good as well but not that good.

our defense couldnt stop them. a lot of open 3's were made.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

15. malakas

malakas Member

in free agency when everyone will have 10s of millions of dollars and nowhere to spend them. NOT in a trade with the uncertainty of him leaving and with so much money in the market and such a weak FA class.

16. count_dough-ku

If a fired coach doesn't light a spark, nothing will. And they are hustling out there since McHale was sh-tcanned, but it doesn't matter when these guys still look lost out there and no one can consistently hit an open jumper or grab a defensive rebound. This is just a broken team. I think once mid-December rolls around, a lot of guys who are eligible to be traded will be.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

This team is worse than trash

18. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Fire McHale....oh wait we already did. Maybe our players are to blame?

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

To be honest I wouldn't want to play with Harden either at this point. Dude is almost as worse as Kobe. Maybe a few years from now his mentality will be much improved.

Capela isn't a great fit either. Dude really doesn't have any offensive moves or range. Would be nice to have a Center with good to great low post moves.

1 person likes this.
  20. count_dough-ku

Are you kidding me? Plenty of teams will deal for Dwight if they think he'll get them over the hump in the playoffs. The Rockets may not get a bunch of great assets in return, but if I'm Morey, I definitely look into it and see what's available.