1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/21/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2015.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Truth is, the DMO/Tjones pairing might be the worst defensive rebounding group statistically in the entire league.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Also the defence was solid but how many second chance points did we give up ?

3. SeabrookMiglla

the effort was there, i think this is a good sign. they want to win, but they came up short.

defense killed us

4. chinese

chinese Member

If we can find Lin as the scapegoat for the loses.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We can't wait for DMo. Better do the trades. We need an upgrade at the 1 and 4. Brew can go as well.

Short-term, why don't we call up Cummings or Smith from the Vipers?

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the porzingis kid also killed us......he has a very bright future in the league

7. hoopball

hoopball Member

We gotta start from the scratch. Trade Dwight, Tjones, Lawson, Brewer for some big names, or just decent role players. I don't care. The current roster just ain't working.

8. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I agree he's good but we made Charlie Villenuva look like an All-Star too.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't doubt this. I remember the guards (Beverley) would have big rebounding games because DMO was boxing out. It was probably what ****ed up his back.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I thought the Rockets looked a little more lively tonight. But man, we could really use Bev, DMo, and Dwight. Those guys make up a big part of our rotation.

Can't believe we are playing games with Capela at center, and no backup center. NO BACK UP CENTER.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Actually, Dwight is earning 22 mil a season. And he'll likely be looking for a raise this summer. I'm not kidding around when I say they need to let him walk. If he was the final piece of the puzzle for a championship, fine. But this team looks like it's about to go into another rebuilding phase(hopefully only a season or 2 including this one). Dwight is not a good fit, especially with Capela waiting in the wings.

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I blame Llull.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what if dwight doesn't opt out? that would definitely throw a wrench in this franchise's future

14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Nah, if he doesn't get injured he's definitely opting out. Some desperate team will throw money at him, especially with the minimum salary cap.

15. chinese

chinese Member

This bother me more, if the team tried hard but still lose to mediocre teams, are we still a high talented team anymore

16. SeabrookMiglla

we were trading 3's and trying to out shoot them, but the knicks just werent missing.

i knew by mid way in the 3rd if we kept trying to out shoot them we werent going to win.

and yes, porzingis looks amazing. i mean, one of the best prospects ive seen in awhile. 7'3 and has the whole package.

but our capela is playing very well and coming along strong, i have high hopes for him.

ive said it before and ill say it again, harden hero ball is not working right now...

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

i ate clyde..he's a good player, but a trash commentator. so damn homerish, and continually sucks up james d****

18. ibm

ibm Member

jbb shares some blame on this one. not that the loss matters that much, but the last few possessions out of t/o looked really silly. and we took a whole 5 seconds to foul. cant freaking believe this.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

damn. 9 games back already from the #1 spot...

we have to go on some major win streaks to get back up to the 3 to 6 spots.

20. SeabrookMiglla

we are a more talented team on paper.

we have a lot of youth out there though, last year we had more seniors on the roster. i think this helped us in some ways honestly.

DMO was an anchor all season

bev was playing stellar defense, just everyone was clicking.

this season we've made moves, got a new good PG in lawson who cant seem to find his place alongside harden.

i think we f'd up big time by firing mchale. that was so ****ty.

the rockets are trying, but they still look verrry disoriented. no direction, im sorry but i have to be honest.

harden tries to stop the bleeding with hero ball and its costing us