1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 4/14/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Ou
    You usually have solid posts but I must disagree. The Spurs are literally falling apart due to injuries. They are ripe for the taking and won't be able to keep up with our fast pace offense. If our 3-ball is falling, I like our chances against them.

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Just win.

Go Rockets!

3. body slam

body slam Member

play to win, but at the same time rest the starters little more and get the bench a few more minutes

4. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Beard, Lin and Parsons, I want to see our big three play tonight. :)

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

if anyone likes the matchup vs the Spurs,we have to get one more win to clinch the 7 seed.

What's up with the AP game preview? It says we have lost three of four vs the Warriors this year...

6. QuaDouble

QuaDouble Member

No more playing down. No more positioning. We just lost one and we haven't clinched the seven seed yet. Crush the Kings, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women.

7. Drphil

Drphil Member

I hate thinking that we're aiming for spots avoiding competition because it's easier. Whatever the excuses are (injuries from the Spurs, a cold streak from the Thunders etc.), it's still embarrassing to be honest.

The short term victory isn't worth going down in history with our reptutation like "Oh the Rockets lucked out because they didn't face the Nuggets; They only won because Spurs had their best players out and injured etc.)

The team I know wants to stand up to whatever challenge comes to them. If they lose, let the lose with dignity. They've already proven that they can defy any odds that come to them by being in the playoffs..

8. trock

trock Member

If we don't want to drop to 8th, we better take care of these next 2 games. They way the NBA is officiating for the Lakers right now, if it comes down to the last game, no way we beat them.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's not about Harden,it's not about Lin. It's about the Houston Rockets,getting ready for liftoff.
    Go Rockets!

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

We're gonna murder them. I know that McHale's in the locker room giving a Braveheart-like speech in preparation for the playoffs and based on our last game that we couldn't close. I say we'll win by at least 15 pts.

11. xktf

xktf Member

I for one do!

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thanks, you are likely right, but SA is so experienced, seem to have a deep bench, and they have Pop. They are always a tough out. We might have their number though, but it won't be easy.

13. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Win please.

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

BEAUTIFUL!!!

15. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

On one hand I want the Rockets to try their best and avoid tanking, especially for such a young team and just go for the highest seed.

On the other hand, Spurs will not have Jackson and Diaw in the playoff, while Manu is probably hobbled and with Tony Parker's nagging injury. Tim Duncan is an all-time great PF, but he is also 36 years old near the end of the season, so fatigue might slow him down. Our chances against them are much better compared to Denver.

16. kumakun

kumakun Member

50% off ALL Rockets apparel! Wish they still had Jeremy Lin jerseys in stock I can still get a D-Mo or Asik jersey though. :(

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

People, IF lakers win out and we lose this game and to the Lakers, we could get the 8th seed.

And denver is still better than OKC.

So people we might want to win this game.

18. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

How are we supposed to know its you?? Are you going to wear a shirt that says, "I'm bleedrockets from ClutchFans" lol

19. gambingo

gambingo Member

We need to destroy the Kings so our starters can get some rest.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

yeah I don't think people get that we have to clinch #7 with at least one win.

however we could still beat the Kings, Suns, or Lakers to get it done.

that being said this is a must win.