1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/31/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2020.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Sacramento, LITERALLY ran the same play every time down to insane success.

Holmes/Hield pindown. Completely telegraphed and obvious every time. It took the last play where Tucker finally stepped up very early to guard it.

Gordon gave up two WIDE OPEN 3’s that should’ve lost this game.

The one other play was the back door lob that worked perfectly because Gordon’s only method of court communication is screaming like Jesus on the cross.

I’m done but what a terrible start to the season in all the ways that matter most. This team scoring means nothing.

bobloblaw and Dankstronaut like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This game should not have been close. The Rockets made way too many mistakes.

SORF and Tfor3 like this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

omg there were Oilers cheerleaders!? God bless the H-Tine.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You should know my posting history.

I wouldn't blame or bash Westbrook aimlessly.

But Wall looked like he fit better with Harden to me in one game.

I also don't think it's an excuse, it's a fact, he came out, chucked up a few threes likely to see if he was feeling it and then stopped. Westbrook didn't stop. If you leave Russ open he wants to shoot it. Not because I think he's dumb, he's not, I think he just is over confident and thinks he's going to heat up. The issue is the defense starts to see him missing and they play off.

HP3 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Russ defender posts need to come with some sort of automatic flag so I can know to skip them when I’m scrolling and reading through a thread

Nook likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

7. Mr. Space City

this might be the best, most competitive western conference i've ever seen.

Nook and WestendMassive like this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Great game only one way to go from here. Happy New Year!​

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wall fits slightly better than WB. It’s still a horrible parring which like WB won’t end well.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Happy New Year, everyone, about 3 hours early. The first win for our Rockets and a great start to what has to be a far better year in 2021. All of those crying "We're doomed!" need to knock back several glasses of whatever their pleasure is and give it a rest. We have a team enormously different from the teams we've had the last few years, and a hell of a lot better than last season. A lot can be improved upon, but I can't imagine why that would surprise anyone.

I'm a happy camper. Time for some more bubbly!

Boy, did he ever! James was clutch, big time. So was PJ.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm dead lol

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

LolLakersWinNBATitleLol

14. WestendMassive

Late contender for post of the year

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think it's that bad a fit because if Harden gets doubled and Wall commits to creating off the double someone is open.

This is again why the Rockets went small, the idea was okay, Harden gets doubled, so now when Russ drives he has either a lay up or 4 dudes to pass to for an open shot...and it worked until Russ decided he would shoot 3s again.

The beauty here is we don't have to trade our bigs to make this work and I think Wall isn't as determined to shoot as Russ is so he's just fine with creating off the double because he's an assist first guy, that's what he wants, so he's more than happy to create off of doubles.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think Wall played particularly well, not even sure he is a great fit with Harden. But at least he was smart enough to stop jacking up 20 footers after missing them and just giving the ball to Harden in crunch time while not turning the ball over stupidly

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

uphill fight
    Refs were screwing us
    Too many careless turnovers
    But
    Happy with a win

Rocket River

BigM likes this.
  18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I trust Wall much more than Westbrook for whatever that’s worth. This BBS may have to live with some tough losses since the defense is so suspect but the payoff is going to be big when they put it together.

Erbnwarfare, clos4life, kaden and 5 others like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Happy New Year's Lorne!!!!

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

At the risk of stating the obvious, I think we forget jut how crucial Harden's playmaking ability is. When Harden is out of the game and things get tight, you see how difficult it is to have a real offense. Most teams don't have a "go-to" player that they can rely on in those moments to get the offense going, to run an offense through, to push a team through stretches. There are only a few of those guys in the entire league: KD, Lebron, etc. Harden is one of those rare guys, and if/when he's gone, we'll see how difficult it can be to get out of dry spells and generate consistent offense in tight moments.