1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/31/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2013.

1. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

you can keep cheating yourself but you see how most fans on this board react.
    when he take all of the 6 possessions during crunch time and blew it, it's on him. I think it's more dumb and stupid to intentionally turn blind on it.

2. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Calvin Murphy again preaching the truth "every time you take your team-mates out of the game, it makes it much easier to guard you"

And Dwight did not just get 9 touches, he was fouled 5 times when he was going for the shot but missed them. So thats at least 14. Also turned it over a couple of times.

I do agree he still should've gotten more in the 2nd half. James should've shared some of his 26 with him but Beard gonna Beard I guess.

3. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

He will only yell at Lin and other no names on the team. He has seen what happened to D Will's coaches or CP3's coaches when the star guards want their coaches changed. Coaches in NBA are at the mercy of their stars unless you are Pop or Riley or Jackson.

4. tonman

tonman Member

part of it is Dwight's fault. they talked about Dwight a lot before the season and during the season and one thing they keep mentioning is Dwight is unable to maintain his spot in the post. he is quicker than most players his size but he isn't the biggest or strongest. watch Duncan. his post positions occur after setting a low post screen or something. plus Duncan knows how to lock his defender to a certain side. there's things Dwight needs to learn to do. right now his best move is driving by slower bigs.

5. BMoney

BMoney Member

"More than one can imagine?" You must have a poor imagination. The Rockets have Dwight Howard. The roster will sort itself out as we move to the deadline. Your suggestion of Morey somehow using the media to "man up" is seriously silly. What good would it do?

6. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Howard made it clear when he came here that he wants to develop his post-game. He didn't like PnRs in LA and that hasn't changed here.

How Howard and Harden dictate how they play to the coaching staff and not the other way around is a JOKE!

We are definitely not like the Spurs!!! but maybe should be.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

This dude is a fake fan and is probably 12.
    Hate that he uses a holy nick and does not know a thing about him

1 person likes this.
  8. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Macfail never told Haren play no defend in the first half though he deserves to be fired IMO.

1 person likes this.
  9. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Who said that???

10. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

These guys need to figure it out. This is BS. It seems like we lose to more bad teams than good ones.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed.

It's so undisciplined and...it just doesn't look right.

They have nothing reliable to fall back on...and despite having three of the best PNR players in the NBA...you just don't see it enough...

12. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Starts with coaching

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Dwight doesn't like the PnR. There's really only one person committed to running it if possible, and that's Lin. Unfortunately this team just doesn't do that.

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Day walker hates morey cause he's a mcgrady fan.
    morey dumped mcgrady like kitty litter

15. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

or Hollins or Karl (both of which are available).

16. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Isn't reigning in your runaway SG part of coaching? I think both you and I, and many others were ridiculing McHale since last year. How this team ends games are just too familiar for too many games, and when one guy on the team does exactly the same thing on many of these losses, I can't only blame that guy, I also blame that coach for not stopping it.

17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

lol... Happy new year to you J.R. Thanks for bringing us laughter and lightning quick info/vids and verbatim transcripts day in and day out :).

Speaking of J.R., Harden played like J.R. towards the last few minutes of the game :mad::mad:

2 people like this.
  18. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

I would laugh if I wasn't already crying.

19. tonman

tonman Member

I don't understand. 8 of his 10 shots were 2 pointers and he made 7 of them. if you want him to get to the line, he would have to have the ball more and take more shots.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

This is why you consistently loose to teams that you should win....undisciplined. The last several possessions by Harden was just hard to watch.