1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/31/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

I'd like to see Harden give an interview in the locker room and take some responsibility for this.

With the team ball we played last week I felt Harden was really maturing as a player, but he was back to the same old sad stuff tonight.

2. NickKent

NickKent Member

Has anyone ever seen McHale yell at Harden? If he doesn't have the guts to demand more from his best player, then he needs to pack his bags.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

C'mon man, they don't call plays for 70% of the game, you're asking for a lot there :p

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed on that...had he made just one more 3....shooting blanks tonight from the arc (1/7).

5. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Pretty soon (if not already) D12 is saying 'Why is it I can't never get away from Kobe or Kobe-like ballhogs'? He may tell Morey it is me or Harden. It is coming if that disparity of shots keeps on. LOL.

6. novaman

novaman Member

please- Parsons wasn't forcing things when nothing was there- at least not to the degree that Harden was.

7. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Give the ball to Bird and let him shoot? Did you really even watch the celtics play or you just watch highlights? The 80's celtics team was arguably one of the best passing teams in the NBA.

8. tonman

tonman Member

bird played defense and passed the ball. don't you remember the bird steal and pass in the championship series?

I remember a bulls game sans Jordan where phil drew up a play that for the final shot that was designed to go to toni kukoc. scottie pippen had a fit that he wasn't going to shoot the last shot so phil sat his butt down. kukoc made the shot....

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

thank you

1-7 from 3

if Harden does that OMGZ TRADE HARDEN

10. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

All of the Rockets need to practice how to pass the ball to Dwight when he calls for it. It seems like no one can throw him a clean pass without a turnover or at a bad angle where Dwight can't catch it clean. They need to practice on their defense because over half of this team cannot play one-on-one defense at all. There is no way the Kings should be allowed to score as easily as they did.:mad:

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

What did he say?

12. bws

bws Member

I've been watching Sacramento and Lin played IT better than most of the other guards I've seen. IT is a good player, Lin played him well. IT is a solid PG though, 10 assists and some of them weren't just the throw it to the open shooter that makes it type.

13. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Difference is Lin took a total 10 shots to James' 26. Can't expect him to feed Dwight every possession, otherwise he'd be averaging 5 shots per game. He still got a team high 6 assists.

Harden on the other hand could have deferred at least 10 of his attempts to other players, as he is averaging 16 attempts per game.

In general just more PnR needs to be run. It just boggles my mind we have the best finishing big in the NBA and 2 of the best PnR guards and we barely run it at all.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

If you want to feel better, the Houston Cougars are up 18 on #17 UConn as I write this.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also fronting of Dwight is not an excuse. That was a excuse for Yao because he didn't have to hops that Dwight has...they front him he gets a dunk.

For a athletic center Fronting is NOTHING.

16. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

lol did someone actually say Lin took too many shots and didn't pass to Howard? Lin and Howard COMBINED had less shots than Harden. Dude already was drunk watching the game. I would be too if I was a HOF.

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

There is no way this team can win Championship by playing this style of basketball. It is not fundamental basket. It's erratic...hit and missed, run and gun and so what no boxed out type of basketball. The real elite team they value the ball and possession and play fundamental basket. This team is far from it.

18. bws

bws Member

I'll criticize Lin for not getting to the line. I think he played a good game, not great but good, but Lin has to find a way to get to the line. 0 FTs just won't cut it for him.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why are you talking about attempts? I'm talking about touches period.

Lin had plenty of times to give Dwight the ball while he was posted up and instead took a tour to the lane. This team treats Dwight like Asik, they still think they can just be a three point run and gun team and they don't need to be that any more.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just found Harden's post-game comments:

WE WE WEEEE!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ITrYv7f_DhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>