1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 11/2/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2005.

1. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

I loved our resilience, esp in the 2nd quarter where Brad Miller scored a few times in a row. Looked like we were gonna lose it and collapse like early last season. Then our guys pulled it together and pulled out the win. A complete difference from the beginning of last year.

Too bad Swift kinda looked lost on his defensive rotations. He'll get better with time.

Overall a great win!

PS: refs sucked, as per usual.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Football is still king here, baseball is a good middle class/upperclass fan attraction here, basketball is a distant 3rd...even with a promising team like us, the crowd will only be there in big games or big attractions.

3. holey_billy

holey_billy Member

Bad teams

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

wow great game for the Rox. Refs just sucked on both ends. so many cheesy fouls on both teams. They need to let the players play.

5. ebu

ebu Member

u KNOw wat I THInk....i thINK once the HOUSTON FANS (Not you guys, cause u already know) FIND OUT that thEY HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL...probably around the middle of the season.....more FANS will start to POUr in....AS FOR TONIGHTS GAME.....GOOOOOOOO JB!!!!!!!

6. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Jon Barry plays much more savvy and smart now than he did in his youth. Plus he's just found a sweet spot on this team. He is a deadeye shooter who has two stars that draw double teams that allow him to be selective with his shots. He's always been a hustle player and a semi-decent passer. FWIW, JB also said JVG is the best coach he's ever played for.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I definitely know all that... I've lived here for all my life.

But, selling out your home opener is normally a given... I'd be suprised if the Rockets were one of only 2 or 3 teams that didn't sellout their first game at home this year.

And, if there are more than 3 teams that didn't sell-out their home opener... the NBA has a serious fan-base/ticket price problem. They've already fallen way behind football and baseball in terms of national media interest (they're behing college sports as well)... I would hope that they don't fall even further back.

8. Manila

Manila Member

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think they did actually sell out. The amount of tickets sold and the amount of people in attendance are two seperate things. Unfortunately, a lot of our tickets are held by fat cats and corporations who don't always choose to fill their seats.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Normally, the AP reports the amount of tickets sold, not the actual attendance. The 16,457 number is from the AP box score, and I almost guarantee that that is the amount of tickets sold, not the amount of people in the crowd.

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Damn, Yao (when he could stay on the court) was flat out dominant tonight. He was unstoppable in the post, attacked the offensive glass with vigor, made some nice passes out of the double team, and moved his feet well when defending the PnR. The only downsides were those fouls and the fact that he left Brad Miller alone for an open jumper a couple of times.

I'm worried about T-mac though. I know he'll grit through and play however much we need. But we have got to start getting some minutes from other guys so he doesn't have to play 40 every night.

12. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Starters minutes % for 2 days games...

Hou 62.50%
    Det 65.00%
    Mia 69.58%
    Spur 54.58%
    Ind 71.67%
    Pho 76.21%
    Den 71.67%
    Dal 59.58%

13. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

how much do tickets run at the TC?

i konw up here in dallas at the aac, they're reasonable for where you sit... the cheap seats are $10, and lower level are in the $50 range... very affordable.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Rockets tickets are the most expensive tickets in town. Heck, two-thirds of the lower level section (which takes about 10000 seats) are $200 a piece, and those are pretty much, from what I hear, the sold-out sections which are hard to get.

If you've been to the Toyota Center in the upper-deck area, it's difficult to even see who's playing on the court, it just feels so isolated from the action itself on the court.

Regardless, I don't think the Rockets will have a hard time selling tickets, and Les is already rolling in tons of money and record profits, so I wouldn't worry :)

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

CLUTCH! I can't believe the traffic the new server is handling. What... do we have about 1,000 members online at the BBS? Amazing! You rock!

And thanks!!!

16. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Greate finish by the rockets. Jon Barry rocks but Swift sucked tonight. He was playing like an amateur - defensively.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just a solid game all around ~ 'nuff said. :cool:

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

#358 magnetik, Nov 2, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Glad we won by more than 7.5 pts....WHEW !

:)

DD

20. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Just got back from the game, kudos to the TC for doing their best to hype us up before the game and there were some really rowdy fans there, it was amazing. The actual in-game crowd wasn't where it was the last few openers but maybe because it wasn't a sell-ou? GG Yao.. i have a headache from cheering on Deke and JB all night lol