1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/5/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2007.

1. Barkley

Barkley Member

I'm thinking a lot about that game because it is very important for us. We just have to be confident! CONFIDENT!

We have to remember that:

1. We have Yao and T-Mac and another great players
    2. We can play great game in 'D' and 'O'
    3. We have that home court adventage
    4. We are playing in H-Town and we are at home
    5. We have won here four straight games (including 3 in the playoffs)
    6. We have thousands of fans in Toyota Center behind us

That should really help us. Again: We Have to be Confident

GO ROCKETS!

2. will2km

will2km Member

WIN WIN WIN!!

3. testmojo

testmojo Member

So bad, rockets don't win game 6. However my prediction 12pts differential is correct. ;) . Saturday game differential will be 1pts. I don't bet on rockets, previous 6 games showed who they are.

Rockets lose by 1.

4. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

I'd like to be optimistic entering the 7th game, I really do, but I just can't.

McGrady is talking too much and not delivering. He saw last night that he had success when he drove the ball in the first half, but just because he got blocked on one in the second half, he went back to chucking from the perimeter mode. The biggest disappointment in the playoffs so far in my opinion other than that German guy down in Dallas

Yao has also been a major diappointment in this series. In a series where he should be dominating, he's forcing shots from way outside his comfort zone and turning over the ball every time he touches it. The stats look somewhat decent but anybody watching the game knows he hasn'tr had the impact that he notmally does. Not to mention he's getting killed by Boozer on the other end (though not his fault but nonetheless)

Our role players need to step up and I really have no confidence in them stepping up in a Game 7. Looks like it'll be another first round exit for McGrady.

Playing at home is the only optimistic thing to be looking forward to because we know the way the Jazz play on the road and how we play at home, but it won't matter if we can't score like we did the last game and Okur, Kirilenko continue there great play from the last game with Boozer and Williams along with their role players killing us, it really won't matter.

I'd like to be optimistic but I just can't. They've shown me no signs of anything good to come especially witht the history of play McGrady plays in Game 7's.

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

Please shut up. Do not write that comments because we wanna win not lose! ROCKETS WIN!

6. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

if t-mac plans on advancing out of the first round this is his chance. i remember after that 40 point ass kickin by dallas, t-mac said in an interview " we look forward to a game 7 again in the future, but that next time will be in OUR house" well t-mac that time is here and its time to convert :cool:

7. LostInVA

LostInVA New Member

Hello clutchfans,

A Jazz fan here. I've been lurking since the end of the regular season when it was clear that Utah and Houston would meet in the playoffs.

No matter how game 7 turns out, it's been a great series. After 6 games, all we really know now is that we have two very good, equally matched teams and both teams have strong fans. Game 7 is a toss-up.

Good luck tomorrow and may the best team win.

8. Barkley

Barkley Member

You mean Rockets :D

If tmac will play good alone we won't win. That's all about all team's defense ofense. All players on our roster have to step up and play with that great energy. Please do not turn the ball over, rebound it, make shoots and win!

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

please fix your sig....i'm seeing it everywhere

Game 7 is OUR?

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

my gut feeling?

We lose. :(

11. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

my gut feeling we lose, my head we win

12. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

I have a strong feeling that Rockets will win big for game 7. They will win it all with the rythm they will find in game 7. Rockets win 112-80. :D :D :D

13. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

What I saw last night was a hard nosed defensive series where the refs didn't do their job and call the fouls they needed to. The end result was a very sloppy game on both sides and a lot of pushing, shoving, hand checking, shooters getting their elbows hit in the act of shooting. That being said, this series has reminded me how much this looks like a high school game with players diving on the floor and stupid decisions being made. How many incredibly stupid careless turnovers did we see last night? On the offensive end, how many stupid careless shots did we see? Where is the ball movement? Where are the cutters? What happened to dunking the ball? Keep your eyes on the ball guys. Look for the open man. Move the ball around. Don't let the Jazz players body you up.

We have got to find a way to improve our shot selection. Get Luther Head untracked. Punish them with crisp ball movement and for crying out loud. knock down the wide open shot!!

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

rockets win. t-mac and yao give it their best game!

15. JLO

JLO Member

couldn't agree more. That was pure laziness settling for as many jumpshots as we did. Yao, protect the effing ball as well.

16. absentfriend

absentfriend Member

Yao/TMAC fight like the man...

We need to break the Jazzhole into piececs

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

LEAVE IT ALL OUT ON THE COURT!!! NOT A DROP OF ENERGY SHOULD BE LEFT!!!!! ROCKETS WIN!!!!!!!!

18. toyinmin

toyinmin Member

I agree with you on T-Mac and to certain degree on Yao. T-Mac has been like this for a long time and hence no playoff wins. For Yao it's a matter of time for him to figure out how to play in playoff games. When people compare him with Shaq, they forgot that Shaq can do nothing 5+ feet away from the basket. So that's all he does and if the refs call him so be it. Yao has much better range but he needs Shaq's singlemindedness to play his game, not what the opponents give him.

Anyway, I think Rox will lose - maybe for the better. They'll likely be destroyed by GS anyway:(

19. Barkley

Barkley Member

Golden State is great but if our 3-point shooters wil be in great shape we could win, but i do not thinking about that

That's all about tomorrow's win

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

* I'm not thinking, sorry :D