1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/2/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. amaru

amaru Member

We'll see what this team is made of on Friday. Will they give consistent effort for 48 minutes? I honestly don't know

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's basically what i heard after the first half..."he won't shoot like this going forward"...welp.

amaru likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Hasn't he been one of the best shooters this year, if not the best?

5. Aware

Aware Member

They're not the wolves.
    Gotta show them some respect and not sleepwalk through quaters... especially if shots arent falling.

Pesky team for sure.

Harrisment and amaru like this.
  6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Morey could have driven by TC and threw $40 mil out the window and gotten more for his money.

7. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Frustrating game. Jazz didnt even play that well. We just suck more. doesnt even feel like a play-off game. I dont even feel that they wanted it enough. The bench i mean wow is hot garbage right now. Harden WAS TRYING SO HARD to give our shooter open looks to get them going but DAMN they just forgot how to shoot. They better all be practicing their shooting ass tomorrow.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yeah to blame this game on anderson is lol.

Still shoulda hit one of his 3s tho. He was pretty terrible lol

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes.

The idea that he won't keep this up (if left open) or the Rockets deciding to leave him open ... :confused:

RiceRockets likes this.
  12. Mr. Space City

more career / season highs on the rockets

13. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

sad loss, but for some reason I think we can definitely win one in utah, if not 2 if we're consistent on d.

my observations:

-we did great on mitchell, he really seems bothered generally by our length. He's pretty insane for a rookie in the clutch though. but overall luc played great on him and trevor got blown by just a few times that i can remember. I don't know if all his assists came from me missing the 1st quarter and him blowing by everyone one-on-one or on the pick n roll. there were 2 times that Capela rushed onto him for no reason (one where trevor def didn't need it) and it resulted in two dunks by gobert.
    -Freakin Ingles didn't just make his shots as if there's nothing we could do about it, but they were WIDE open looks. Once he hit 2-3 of them, he even started making the contested one-on-one shots on our bigs. If we let him be THAT open, it really opens up their offense. I think this was probably the #1 thing that did us in defensively. Sure Exum and crowder hit shots, but you got to choose to let them shoot over Ingles. Him having 27 is ridiculous. Change the rotations on this or something ... Make that O'neal guy shoot
    -Burks definitely was their bench wildcard that outplayed EG (who's been so terrible for so long ... though his 3 was actually on-ish tonight). his drives to the rim stopped what tends to be cp's run when cp goes against the opposing team's bench. Gordon being so inconsistent also contributes to this.
    -Harden was amazing in the 3rd by going right when the defense was edging him so hard to do so. He got to the rim with so much ease which contributed to that huge run in the 3rd but when we went down 5-7 and he came back in, he went away from driving for some reason. I couldn't see a reason why as they kept getting the switch on mitchell and he played him the exact same way as far as I can remember. Once he started doing his dancing/stepback 3s, we lost our offensive momentum. Of course, if he hits those, it's a whole different story.
    -CP3 made some mistakes, but not many, his d was overall okay (had a few great steals), and he was a lot more aggressive on getting in the lane and he was actually blowing by bigs ... unlike what we'd see in the regular season. During that stretch in the 3rd and into the 4th he was getting in the lane with more ease than I'd seen in any game in the regular season. I don't know what it is, but I like it and was encouraged to see he can still do it. Rarely did I see him get two straight layups in the regular season off of straight drives. He needs to do this more ... as he found quality shots for our shooters because of it too (even though tucker and luc missed them all).
    -Clint's been stellar overall still. missed a few tip-ins but overall arguably our most consistent guy.

overall, as long as we don't let ingles go for 20+ and put a bit more attention on burks off the bench, I can def see us winning at least one of the next two games, and if we actually put a great game together, I don't see why it's crazy to think we could steal 2 games.

#1953 HewbieTrippin, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  14. macan

macan Member

our effort was not there tonight..lazy arse wouldn't want to close in on j*zz's shooters on 3 point line all night....hate this laziness especially in the playoff!

15. H-Town Rockets Guy

we did not came out with energy and didn't show any sense of urgency to win this game. We still made a small run after being down and actually was up by 4 points in the 4th quarter. As good as Utah played in Game 2 (they hit 15 3s, shot the ball over 50%) and we still had a chance to win the game in the final 2 mins. We played bad but I think we will be fine going into Utah for game 2 and 3. I honestly think this game is a wake up call for us and we will smoke them in the next game in Utah

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Close their ass out in 5. Not worried one bit. Ingles had the game of his life. Rockets easily in game 3

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets believed, like everyone else, that this series would be easy and that the Jazz would be ok with just the learning experience of losing in the second round. That was proven wrong. The Jazz are in it to win it, and if the Rockets want to put themselves in a good position going forward, they'd better treat the Jazz with the respect a tough opponent deserves!

That said, I'm confident that the Rockets will figure this out, that they'll approach game 3 with the same intensity that the Utah crowd will bring.
    Why? Because they're the best damn team in the NBA!

It's not time to jump ship yet! The Rockets aren't titanic: they're a nuclear-powered, 3 point bombing, champion-class icebreaker :D

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

You really let Joe Ingles score 27 on you at home. You know you wasn't playing with no effort.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When Is Harden going to become that serial killer we know he can be? I desperately want to trust this guy.. Harden could have murdered this team by himself and been on the run from the Law. but he just kind of waits.. and waits.. AND WAITS.

He picked it up in the 2nd and 3rd, but why does he always wait!? WHAT IS HE WAITING FOR??

20. igotwhipscollectingdust

they will need to if they want to advance

amaru likes this.