1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 5/2/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

When you don't compete defensively for most of the game in the playoffs, you lose. Simple.

RyanB likes this.
  2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

You smart like lower back pain. Strong like bull.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden needs to be fined right @arno_ed

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some have slammed Gordon, and he didn't have a good game, overall, but he did shoot 3-6 from behind the arc. Tucker had an off night, maybe got banged up during the second half that had something to do with it, yet I saw him (he was 1-5) fed by James for a 3 (missed) when Gordon was open for a 3. More than once and right after a missed trey by Tuck. Maybe James was trying to get him going, but I can't understand why we can't do a better job of getting the ball to the guys that have the hot hand from Downtown. We also need more ball movement. Move the ball around more and get the guys in a rhythm, in my opinion. We did that a couple of times during the game, but not nearly enough.

Anderson? I would simply not play him in the next game. He gave us nothing. I don't know what his problem is, but we don't need his problems. Not now, because we don't have the luxury to continue to trot out an ineffective player during the playoffs. We aren't playing a bad team, when that might be OK. We need to win.

BigMaloe, Jake Tower and pippendagimp like this.
  5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Harden did not Swipe at the fan. So no. Furthermore he does not have a history with fans.

When i saw the exchange i expected a post from you.

Btw to be clear i do not think westbrook should be fined. But given the history of player getting fined doe interactions with fans i find it strange that he was not.

We will see if nene gets fined.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

what are you talking about. he swiped and hit his phone. and he actually hit his phone. wb missed. did you even watch the video. even hpd says the fan is out of place here.

7. SuraGotMadHops

Very well put. GS is playing cut throat ball against the Pels right now, all of their guys are intense. I have not seen consistent intensity from our guys all playoffs. I am very concerned.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So um, revisiting these stats again that I posted before the game......

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

For all of the claims of the Rockets having a "deep bench" we are not seeing it. Perhaps the team has a "deep REGULAR SEASON" bench to withstands some injuries during the regular season, but what we are essentially seeing now is a "7 man rotation" with Gordon and Moute off the bench.

For a number of reasons, Green, Nene, Anderson, Johnson just can't make an impact in the playoffs in regular bench minutes.

What evaluating a roster the playoffs really show you the holes. A lot gets masked in the regular season.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We saw how OKC had no respect for Utah. Westbrook got humbled quickly.

I mean, I don't understand what the deal is. Utah has the best defensive rating in the league. They were 1 game away from being the 3rd seed in the West. Gobert is the DPOY. Mitchell is a superstar. Seriously, what more do you want?

Also, if I were the Rockets, I would hang this tweet in their locker room. Got your attention now?

Nook likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ryan Anderson. Being paid 20M/yr to provide nothing in the playoffs. Stating the obvious...but he has to be moved this offseason to obtain "at minimum" someone that is at least "SERVICEABLE" in the playoffs. Not asking much here. Just someone that can add at least SOME VALUE for a playoff team. I mean, if you could at least get 8pts and 5 rebounds that would be something. How sad is this?

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This team is bored. They need to get pushed around. I expect a blowout tomorrow in our favor. You're right this team plays great defense when engaged. They came back from 19 down last night to take the lead and again they lost focus and we're giving their best shooters wide open looks.

Utah has to play perfect to beat us. Don't worry too much. Golden State has had an easier bracket so far so using them as a barometer for motivation isn't apples to apples.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. arno_ed

??? I do not see a slap. The fan is still holding the phone.

But since you are trying to make a point. If harden actually slaps the phone from the fine he should be fined if the league is consistent (and westbrook aswell).

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i guess hes just giving him dap

16. arno_ed

Ah i did not see this video. Here he indeeds hits the fan. He should not have done that. If the league is consistent they do fine him and westbrook. Or maybe they just are more relaxed with fan and player interactions. I would not mind that as long as it is the same for all players. Not just stars.

I am bored with this discussion. You seem to want to prove something. So please just make your point so we can discuss much more interesting topics.

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s never got out of the second round so to me that’s choking ! I’m hoping he will play well I love the guy but he’s has some ridiculous turnovers in the playoffs.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

if that's your definition of choking i guess harden is still in that category with this logic

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Next time Rockets? Try harder.