1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/30/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

w/ much better teammates.

tmac has 16 assists passing to a struggling yao, rafer, head, howard, and battier.

so who do u think is more impressive?

it ain't hard to pass to amare and marion, who are tremendous finishers at the rim, or bell and barbosa at the 3pt line.

2. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Whats up with people leaving when there is still time left on the clock.
    I saw people leave when there were 30-40 seconds left and it was just a 2 point game...I just dont get it.

3. cyangmai

cyangmai Member

why so many seats were empty?
    is the ticket expensive?
    the press the audiences gave to the jazz was not enough.
    the noise was not loud.

4. marciagong

marciagong Member

No, I think Nash had 23 assists in GAME 4.

5. Swack

Swack Member

Really stormy in Houston. I also heard there was a hostage situation a couple streets down and they closed down some roads. Also, the game is at 7 pm, right after work for some people. Last game in Utah started at 9:30 pm on a Saturday, so that's plenty of time for fans to get there.

6. SprocketMan

SprocketMan Member

arrite guys, i just got back from the game, and it was a hell of a game, if not just cuz it was a crucial and hard fought playoff game...yeah, i did notice that a lot of the lower level seats were empty, shame on those ppl...i kno that if i got a ticket, no matter where it is or how much it cost, imma be there, cuz if im not, then that's just one more empty seat in a PLAYOFF game. that's ridiculous...that being said, our section were going crazy, my ears are still ringing...when T-mac was being aggressive, he could not be denied...the refs apparently have decided to take heed to Jerry Sloan's game 1 & 2 complaints and stopped calling fouls on the Jazz...

now, the win was great, BUT...i notice that the Rockets interior defense is almost nonexsistant...if the outside shooting and JuHo decided to not show up again, we'd have lost no matter how Yao n Tracy did...also, Yao looks like he's either fatigued or not all the way back...or maybe Boozer and Harpring and Okur hanging all over him has something to do with it.

The playoffs are about adjustments, and so far, Sloan has outdone JVG...

7. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

24 is the record.

8. ebu

ebu Member

I AGREEE, they REACH SOOOO MUCH when they are OUTSIDE ON THE PERIMETER but the refs just let them play...BLOW THE DAMN WHISTLE...ITS A REACH!!!! UTAH IS SOOO CHEAP

9. fredthered

fredthered Member

Lets simmer down before we call Tmac a better passer then Nash and Magic combined. However, Tmac was absolutley amazing, even without getting many calls around the rim and playing hurt. Anyone care to question his heart now?

10. stq

stq Member

Tmac was great for the first 3 quarters,
    then towards the end, his decision was very questionable..forcing shot after shot...
    we were lucky that Hayes made couple key stops/deflections..

I know he has the ability to make those tough shots,
    but come on...can't you work for some better shots??

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

lol

you still post

what I said is what I said, we will not pass the second round, we will not make the second round...whatever however! we will be probably pass the jazz, but thats about it...

you are pathetic by quoting me again and again...you know what I meant, stop being a child

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

btw the 16 assists by Mac seem so high, it's unbeliveable

I was really worried he is going to choke, but right from the start he took it to the basket

I wonder why he didn't do that more in Utah?!

13. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

thought this was a little weird... anyone catch this?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4762173.html

what the hell's jesse jackson doing in the locker room with tmac, or am i completely missing something? lol

14. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

26 POINTS 16 ASSISTS

Now everyone jumps back to the Tmac bandwagon. :D

MAC IS GREAT!!!

15. Jimes

Jimes Member

Echoing the props for JHo/Battier/Head. TMac driving more was awesome. Rafer played solid with a bad decision or two, but some successful swipes on D. As for Yao's bad FG%, I liked when he spun around Millsap to draw that foul. I haven't been seeing him do that to Okur much, instead pump fake, pump fake, jab step, dribble, fade away. He could throw in the spin the other way to keep him honest and get both an easier shot and a chance of drawing a foul.

16. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

not yet, until ROX win the series

he had one good game, one average and 3 horrible sucking

17. fanwq

fanwq Member

Jazz played better ,but we played greatest especially in 4th qtr.

18. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

In best-of-seven playoff series that had been tied 2-2, the winner of Game 5 has gone on to win 114 of 136 series.

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The jazz are taking there chances on letting anyone but tracy beating them. there throwing all there defense at trac and are willing someoneelse to beat them. tonight juwan and head were hitting tyere shots hence it made it easier. we gotta get our bit players to ontinue to hit there shots.

20. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

How SWEET IT IS!

I missed the game with a late meeting for work then I had to fill in for a Judo coach and by the time I got to a TV at a bar it was already the Nuggets - Spurs game. Sweated through a half of that waiting for the score until halftime and all they showed for the first minute was Jazz highlights.

I started to get a sinking feeling then PURE JOY when the showed T-Mac driving forcefully into the lane!

Way to go Rox!