1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/30/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2007.

1. redcapital

redcapital Contributing Member

we either blow them out or lose.

If we win this one, we win the series in 6

If we lose this one, we win in 7

:cool:

2. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I hope Vegas knows its stuff. We're bigger favorites tonight (6 pts) than Utah was on Saturday.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Fear Not ...

Rockets 92
    j*zz 87

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rockets 97 Jazz 83

Rocket River

5. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Can someone imagine for a minute if the same group of people we see around the BBS were around in 1994 and 1995?

Does anyone not think that if we were all in a room together, I wouldn't get the snot beat out of me each time the team faced elimination? Especially the first year when the team had proved nothing?

Can you see all the guys and gals who go maniacal after every loss...can you imagine these people then? They would die of blood pressure! Just picture a room of these people who overract to every single loss facing elimination 14 straight times in two years?

This BBS would of had a meltdown and Clutch would have a coronary trying to deal with all the traffic.

6. adamlam

adamlam Member

I cant imagine if we lost..2 years..i have waited for 2 years!!take vengence on mavs in the 2nd round pls~~

7. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

people need to stop being so pessimistic...we will win this series..maybe in 7 but we will win it!!
    Rockets take gme 5 easy...104-88

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

rockets win 111-74

9. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Rockets win Game 5 and ends the series in Utah. Let's go Rox fans!! Get up and get loud!!! I cannot wait!

10. Barkley

Barkley Member

I like your optimism guy. I'm thinking the same way. Just do not worry, we'll win that series I hope.
    All you can say is GO ROCKETS!

I hate posts like "we loose again, Rockets will suck" STOP THAT!

11. email2003

email2003 Member

Heres my prediction:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! WE GOTTA WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

I can't wait till the tipoff starts, but on the other hand I'm so nervous. I'm nervous, because I want us to win this game. Hopefully we wil have a great night and we'll beat Jazz.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

its going to be a tough game

we gave the jazz confidence with the last two games

92:89 Rockets

#133 Amel, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  14. ABTRocketfan

ABTRocketfan Member

Can someone please explain to me why juwan howard is the motivational speaker before games? How are you supposed to get pumped up from the guy who plays with no heart and is just soft.

15. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

I've been reading in the Utah press on-line how the Jazz are laughing at us, saying we're tired and over-rated, that we have already lost this series because the Jazz have successfulloy got iniside the Rocket's heads.

Time to step up and be men! Time for a few "playoff fouls" to match those from Okur and Harpring. Time to go back to the basics of rebounding, defense, and shooting. Time to mess with the Jazz' minds like they've been messing with ours.

I remember in the last couple of games of the regular season, Matt Bullard would always list this in his Keys to the Game: DO THE ROCKETS REALLY WANT THE HOME COURT ADVANTAGE? Translate that to tonight:

DO THE ROCKETS REALLY WANT TO WIN THIS SERIES?

16. cyfjeff

cyfjeff Member

what makes you so optimistic? Look at the past 4 games, there is definitely something not functioning in this team, I believe T-mac, Yao, one of them has to go, I wish I am wrong this time

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Naw...

I cant speak for others from back then but I am realist. This team is not out and still has HC. All they need to do is win their home games and they should make out of 1st round.

HOWEVER, you or anyone else are fooling yourselves if you/they think this team is a championship contender.

As for the 2 eras.... 2 very different teams. Unfair comparison...unfair to both teams.

Hakeem vs. Yao (I love Yao but let's get real here...)
    Drexler vs. Tmac (Tmac is more talented but Drexler had taken his team to finals all by himself..twice)
    Elie vs. Shane (Kiss of death vs. Invisible man)
    OT vs. Chuck Hayes (Again I love Chuckster but let's get real)
    Sam Cassell vs. Rafer (My keyboard is laughing)
    Horry vs. Juan (Big Shot Bob vs. Where is the nearest Sunglass hut)
    Maxwell vs. Bonzi (Maxwell with 1/2 appearance. Bonzi with 0/1)
    Dekembe Mutombo vs. Zan Tabak (The only one advantage this team has)
    Rudy vs. JVG (Rudy had the guts to use rookie Cassell. JVG better defensively, Rudy better overall)

That team, especially the 95 one was INSPIRATIONAL.

Even the 05 team played inspirational ball until game 7.

This team has yet to inspire.

Hell...even the 90s team had to earn it from the fans. Clutch City didnt appear out of nowhere. Choke city gave birth to Clutch city.

Why should this team get a free pass??

#137 Zboy, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  18. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

I think looking at the first 4 games yes our bench has not been there but we have been in 3 of these games with 6 minutes left in the game and won 2.

I think our role players play considerably better at home especially head(47.1% home vs 41.0% road 3pointers)

The home team has won every game in this series and i dont expect that to change.

i predict a series changing Mutombo elbow

19. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

EFFORT AND DESIRE...

Thats the only thing our Rocket squad is missing right now. This team won 52 games this year, at times they seemed great. So, all of a sudden, we suck? Im not buying it. Weve had two crappy performances in a row. The series is TIED, its not over, and WE have home court advantage. Theres a reason its a best of 7 game series.

I think we will rebound tonight and win game 5, showing the effort and desire that it takes to win a playoff game.

Rockets 101
    Jazz 87

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

i haven't posted in one of these gtame threads yet, so here i go

Utah 79
    Houston 90