1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/23/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2007.

1. iloveapplebeez

What the heck was this guy doing over in Jazz forum? :mad:

http://jazzfanz.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=22318

Go Rockets, sweep Jazz without mercy!!!

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

ummm.. you were there. So whats wrong with him being there?

3. 2rings

2rings Member

It's not realistic for him to not shoot jumpers. I'd just like to see him go to the hole first to set up his jump shot not the other way around. I'd also like to see a little more discretion on some of the threes.

4. benum

benum Member

The foundation of this guy's theory relies on the fact that T-mac won't adjust if his outside shots do not fall. That's totally stupid. T-mac is too talented not to change to drive to the hoop. If his shots do fall from the outside, then the Jazz would be killing themselves allow him to shot.

5. rage

rage Member

This guy shows pretty good knowledge of the Rockets' players.

He is right on many things except his comment about doubling Yao with Battier's man though. The Rockets used to feed the post from the elbow extended and lose the ball or allow Yao to be doubled a lot. We've switched to the feed from the corner, then the corner man cut along the baseline. There is no way the defender on the baseline can stay and double Yao right off the bat. Yao is taught to always look for the cutter and defender to clear before making his move.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

maybe he's just toying with them

let tmac shoot jumpers?

double yao off battier?

7. tang0

tang0 Member

Sorry, but I happen to think he is the most unselfish elite player in the league too. I am just concerned the way the media is focusing all the attention on him overconfidence and cockiness will creep in. It would be a pity if that happens because I strongly believe this is the year they are going to win the championship despite what everybody is saying.

I think Tmac is the smartest elite player in the league because he has gone through 4 futile years of going it alone in Orlando.

8. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

This series is NOT going to 7 games. T-Mac and Yao are too good for that. This team has a knack of winning on the road.

Who's with me?

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am. I am looking for the KNOCK OUT in game three. If the Rockets start shooting at their normal levels, game, set, match. Mark it down, game three is the most critical game in this series. If the Rockets slap them down on their home court, the first game back, it's over. I am really hyped up about game three, and the players should be too. You have got them on the ropes, take them out! Please. Please, don't let them build their confidence by fighting their way back. That would be a huge mistake. NOW is the time.

10. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

T-Mac and Yao don't have souls...

After years of hate, doubt, and criticism, they are now immune to all sources of pressure. Nothing will intimidate them...

11. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

Just imagine when our team is clicking on all cylinders knocking down our treys and once our bench starts to contribute. We have shot in the 30's % and we are up 2-0.

Rockets will finish this series in 5!

12. johnrox

johnrox Member

i'm with you. keep what they are doing with okur and ak47, and this one is as good as a done deal. no mercy

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

did u see how tmac compalined like a sissy earlier in the yr?

as much as i like tmac, sometimes his confidence is pathetic. but when he's really confident and borderline cocky, he plays his best.

and as u saw the last 2 games, heh as played his heart out. sure he didn't make a lot of shots n game 2, but did u see that last shot over giricek? that was a confident shot. he looked confident on most shots that didn't go in.

u want tmac to feel like this.

14. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

T-mac always steps it up in the playoffs. This is the best supporting cast he's had in his career

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Everytime they show Sloan, he looks like a miserable b*stard who needs a nap.

16. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Houston fans chanting "Jazz Suck" when D Williams was down on the court yesterday. That was classless and I just wanted to say that all Houston fans are not like that.

LOL I started that chant upper deck section 401!! Boy was it Ridiculous....

17. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

Jazz fans would do the same thing when they see Yao is tumbled by Harpring in Utah.

18. wzl

wzl Member

a nice win!.now its 2:0!rockets,go!3:0 will be there!

19. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

you know what I... I agree... I really believe both guys are as mentally tough as they come.... Yao has faced enormous change in his life and done it all in stride... He has been critizied, he has failed, and he has overcome... I dont think you can phase either tmac or yao... throw anything their way, If we lose it wont be cause they flintched like our old friend dirk :D and yes no spell check :p

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and add to that rafer and shane.. rafer has been in the playoffs with the heat and this is his chance to prove that he's a real good NBA baller and not only a real good street baller.. and shane has a chance to prove that he is still a winner like he was pre NBA..