1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/21/2008 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2008.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That was Scola's first playoff game. I think he was tight. In fact, he was much better in the 2nd half. In addition, I think if without him, we probably would lose by 20-30 pts. I was so impressed by his steals.

BTW, I don't think Gasol is soft. He is a world champion!

2. YugoRocketsFan

I feel good about this game.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Ok everybody knows it is gonna be very tough but WE CAN beat the Jazz. We really can. And what's more we pretty much have to, let's make it 1-1, we don't wanna be 0-2. So Rockets WIN

1. MAKE SHOTS - even last game we were getting good shots, we weren't able to just knock down anything. Bobby, Luther, Aaron, Shane, Tracy, Scola all have to make easy shots from the inside, outside. 82 points are not enough

2. Stay Agressive - especially Tracy, attack the rim whole game, put the pressure on the defense

3. BRING HELP - Last game it was pretty much all on Shane and Tracy. It can't happen again. Everybody HAS TO step up. Bench needs to play well, they need to score points. As I wrote earlier - we gotta make our shots

4. Make adjustments - don't make the same mistakes as you did in game one

5. MAKE FREE THROWS - Last game we had 29 attempts which is great, but we missed 11 of them. It is just unbelivable, those are the easiest points in the game so we GOTTA make them

6. T-Mac handle the ball less - just do it

7. Play good team defense, Kirilenko played well, don't let him do it again. Containg Deron and try to stop Boozer.

8. PLAY WITH ENERGY PASSION - play hard, be agressive and play with heart the whole game

9. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS

10. Again Make Shots and Bring Help

I expect a good offensive game and great game from McGrady (we need that).

GO ROCKETS

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

LOL...........And if you are wide open for a layup dont look back........U are already in front just speed to the hole and lay it up...............

They need to comunicate.......When scola had that easy layin Dekembe should have told him to go up with it.......Scola thought Mutombo was a defender so he reversed and missed..........I understand its hard to understand Deke but yall get my drift

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

how can people honestly put his playoff failures on tmac after seeing the lakers game right now?

kobe has never led a team by himself singlehandedly to anything in the playoffs. when he had shaq, he had a lot of games like he is having right now (that's why his playoff stats with shaq were simply 22 ppg). now he's relying on gasol and his talented teammates.

i just hope our role players just step up and help tmac out. it's sad seeing tmac getting bounced out every damn year. and it's sad seeing our organization not advancing and putting the team on the map.

6. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

A must win!!!! Rafer might be back and that s a great news.
    Never lose hope!!!!

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

T-Mac is just unlucky, I feel bad for him now especially after that great season. Damn if we had had Yao...

8. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

win this one plzzz... i dont care how ugly it might be.. just do it :( :(

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That's so true!

I remember that, Shaq only team > Shaq + Kobe team > Kobe only team!

10. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

must win game otherwise it'll be a sweep

11. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

excessive Co-sign

12. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I would say that too, but I felt good about game 1 too..lol

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i did too until bobby made 2 really unforced TOs, hayes can't catch a pass to save his life, landry missing tons of layups, scola doesn't finish his own layups, and we gave up a thousand offensive rebounds.

we shore those things up a loen and we'll be in the game.

14. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

The rebounds killed me, it seemes like the rockets didnt even want a rebound...everybody was getting snagged on

15. sook

sook Rookie

we're gonna get dograped

16. astros148

astros148 Member

lol if we lose this game write a sweep for sure. i highly doubt we win a game in utah but hopefully we do but i really doubt it

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The good news is the Rockets probably can't play worse than they did in Game 1.

The bad news is they could play just as badly.

I think they'll pull this one out, but barely.

18. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

The rockets are know to prove fans wrong.....but I hope they win this one...a must

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

im predicting a win but maybe we should lose, last 2 times we were up 2-0 we lost so if we lost we'll win it in 7 if we win we'll win it in 5 :D

20. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

ROTFLMBAO@ winnning 2games in Salt lake, but I love the optimisim.....Go Rockets!