1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 2/9/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

So now the rationalization has shifted to, "they are more fun to watch", I prefer winning like the 2017 team.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Everyone should remember Ego didn't play today so that weakened our depth. With how close this game was we probably win this if he plays, can't say for sure of course, but he's still our 3rd best player.

3. omgTHEpotential

Utah has some GREAT shooters. Multiple guys at 40%+

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Played good enough to win. Sometimes the other team craps a rainbow and you just gotta live with it.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

James gets offensive fouls called on him that I’ve never seen in my life before.

DeBeards, Nook, Remlap and 3 others like this.
  6. PWR

PWR Member

They barely pass him the ball. When they do, he's been shooting over 50% from the the field and over 40% from three over the last 9 games.

7. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Another 30+ for Russ damn. He’s been going couple crazy these last couple months! I can’t wait for up Harden starts hitting his 3s again! It’s gone be special!

BaselineFade, ak99999 and Remlap like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

any idea what's up with his attitude? haven't seen him smile even once the past couple months. hiding some injury? kobe? down on his game? unhappy w/ donald sterling the 2nd?

9. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

Your genius GM has never built a team full of good shooters, despite being the "analytics guru of the NBA".

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Every starter on the Rockets had a positive plus/minus except for House.

My guess is the starting lineup we'll go with when it's all said and done is Tucker/Covington/Gordon/Harden/Westbrook

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

We gave away all those picks and what did we get in return?! Luxury tax savings...We had a contending team...not anymore! Trash organization, cheap owner!

12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

if you watched the game, the defense was fine. houston was flying all over the court making the right rotations and contesting shots, forcing turnovers. jazz kept sinking tough contested shots that most teams have no business in making. just one of those nights.

DeBeards likes this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

It's more about us taking advantage of every possession. We gave some possessions away it happens. Forget the seeding we are going to have to win on the road. This team can do it. We need an energy guy who can rebound and another big that can shoot and pick n roll and we will be fine.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I was out tonight.

You've got to be kidding me.

Sigh.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Oh definitely not disagreeing with you there nor am I rationalizing anything for anyone.

I'm just saying that I didn't much enjoy watching the 18-19 and 19-20 Rockets team and that the trade changed that (yes small sample size acknowldege)

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

You have to mix things up. It can’t just be small ball all the time. Whether it’s a stretch center or not you need height and some defensive presence in the paint to take some pressure off the constant switching and to provide another form of offense, like a lob threat, when the threes aren’t falling.

MrSabotage likes this.
  17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The only bad stretch of defense in the game was during that stretch in the 4th. Came at a bad time, but we made out through and played pretty good D to end the game.

The first half was a bit fluky too, IMO. The Jazz hit some wild-ass shots this game.

Sucks like hell losing like this, but I think this team has a high ceiling. They’re also damn fun to watch.

DeBeards, clutchdabear and Zergling like this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

I feel like he really really wanted to win another MVP award because he's bitter about being robbed in past years. He knows this year he has no chance since Westbrook has erupted and thus ruined the narrative that he has no help.

19. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

What will be today's excuse? Harden 2 of 13 in three-point shots. 2 of 13!!!!!! Nothing more to say.

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

They are picking on him I'm my opinion and it's not going to stop. Because of all the honk stuff our front office cant complain so we have to take it on the chin

DeBeards likes this.