1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 1/27/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2008.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Also Tmac has played temendous in every playoff game. We know which other players didn't step up.

2. caneks

caneks Rookie

Just check the stats. yes, that is true. T-Mac took 19 shots and got 22 points and Kobe took 20.8 shots and got 27.7 points.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah, no interior defense allowing chicken head to go in and dunk at will :mad:

I hate Kyle Kover :mad:

Novak was great :)

get well soon Yao

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You're comparing one game while im comparing an entire season.

5. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

There is no point to having Novak in the game unless he shoots the three. Do you think Adelman's reaching into a fishbowl with jersey numbers on it and just randomly throwing players onto the court? The Rockets have got to be able to figure out how to play smart basketball. Novak's a defensive liability, he's got the hot hand and he's playing the fourth quarter. To say it's sufficient that somebody cover him him the offensive end and that's he contributing that way is absolutely brain dead. Why not throw Mike James or Snyder out there if that's all you want? Or maybe have Jack Sikma suit up?

Look, if the coach plays Novak that should send a clear message to the guys on the floor that he's supposed to be shooting the three. They couldn't figure out how to get him the ball. Opportunity wasted. And this happens time after time after time.

And you know what, if the Jazz can score 37 in a quarter then so can the Rockets. And if they had scored 37 at least it would have been a closer game.

7. crunch

crunch Member

Game was tied at 66:66 at the 4th.

TMac was handling the ball.

Novak, 2 for 2 so far for 3s, was wide open at the corner.

TMac, at 1/5 3pt, decided to shoot another trey.

Missed.

Jazz rebounded.

Fast break and score.

such a sequence occured repeatedly.

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

He had the hot hand. I'm guessing that he could have made a three. McGrady was, what, 0 for 3 from three point land in the fourth?

9. Happybirdie

Happybirdie New Member

I agree, maybe it is a chance for Yao!

10. rocketsmetalspd

Just saw the Warriors beat the Knicks. Biedrins had 26 rebs and looks forward to playing Yao. The Warriors were down by double digits and came back to win. I noticed that BD and Monta both are playing with seems like one bad knee and these guys still managed to play hard and take it to rack.

I hope the Rockets get the win on Tuesday because the Warriors play the Hornets the next night this could be good if the Rockets can win on Tuesday.

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

Oops, how were those numbers come from?

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

What a horrible game by the Rockets. Alston and Hayes really dragged the team down. And Scrubola can never seem to make a layup. All he does a flip the ball near the hoop and hopes it goes in. This was our big shot at getting close to the 8th seed and WE BLEW IT BIG TIME. Our team just folds when they need to step up.

Missed layups, missed defensive assignments and horrible turnovers cost the Rockets the game and hopefully not the playoffs.

That's one big loss. We can probably only afford 13 more.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I still don't understand why Ricky will not let Shane guard Deron, this slow down the jumpers with Shane's length. I would put Rafer on Brewer and Tmac on Kirilenko. Tmac doesn't box out or get loose rebounds on a consistent basis.

14. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

lol, proffesional.... :D :D :D

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was 1-4, and 5 for 8 overall.

As a team, we were 11-18 from the field, 3 for 8 from the 3-point line in the fourth quarter. That comes out to a sizzling 69.4 eFG%. Again, arguing that we lost because didn't get Novak more looks in the fourth quarter just makes no sense. What about the fact that we allowed the Jazz to shoot 13-18 from the field? Or that we only managed to get 1 defensive rebound in the entire quarter? Or the wide open 3-point looks we (read: Novak) gave up to Korver?

16. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I thought I would put this here...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vCoUNMdcFME&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vCoUNMdcFME&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Dude we played without our best player and lost to a hot team. Yao would have pushed us over the hump in this game. Ricky must start looking at taking Rafer out of the game earlier. Once again he's back to Rafer.

Tmac, Rafer, and Luther for Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Are your stats based on this seasons average? In Tmacs defense he was injured for a good amount of games this season. If you look at the career stats Tmacs numbers are pretty close to Kobes. I dont see why you cant compare those 2 when they both havent around past the first round after Shaq left. I think anyone that plays with Shaq benefits a lot from him. Look at Penny Hardaway and Duane Wade.

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

we need to acquire kidd

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Novak has no clue on defense snd we complain about Kirk who at least tries to play D. Kover lit him up like the 4th of July downtown