1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 1/27/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2008.

1. caneks

caneks Rookie

T-Mac took too much shots. 24, that was 30% of the total the team took. It is too much even you make 50%, no mention 40%. When things like this happened, we are doomed for the game.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I know some people placed bets on the game tonight are pretty pissed.....when they saw Yao wasn't playing at the last minute....

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I noticed that too late in the game, T-Mac was the offense pretty much. The ball-movement was not there, I hope we don't start to regress.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

This has been obvious to me since watching Rafer play a few games two years ago. Why can't the Rockets, a professional basketball organization, not see this and do something about it? I know they brought in everybody and his dog to replace Rafer, but he is still starting and playing majority minutes. He puts the Rockets at a huge disadvantage against most of the teams in the West. Brooks is really too small to match up either, although I think he has potential. I agree with you 100%; we need a starter in this position.

5. nokidding

nokidding Member

Anybody who uses the area as an excuse for his poor performance is a pure loser. Enough said.

6. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I think this was a lot due to are weakness in PG play 2nite, we needed someone else to handle the ball without turning it over

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Everyone expected the rockets to be great this year because on paper they had a lot of depth. Now, it doesn't really look like they have any other reliable scorer besides Tmac and Yao. Mike James, Scola, Bonzi, Battier, Francis, etc has all been disappointing.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

It's actually a good excuse. If you watch the Kings and Warriors game, you should realize that certain players (especially role ones) feed off of the crowd noise.

9. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Did you expect Scola to be the ROY, I didnt and Did you think Francis was going to play like he did 5 yrs ago also? You forgot to mention Head, Hayes , Rick

10. caneks

caneks Rookie

We will be good after a single T-Mac trade.

11. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Tmac and Novak on the floor at the same time will kill us every single time, with or without Yao. Neither play inspiring D or offer adequate help D.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Trading your best player for average role players isn't my idea of being better. That's like saying trading Kobe would make the Lakers better.

13. ilomse

ilomse Member

rox is lucky to not lose by 20+ b/c b4 the game jazz already know they can take over any time they wanted. jazz didn't played well tonight not b/c rox done a good defense; boozer missed alot of good looking shot, deron and harpring misses fairly easy layup~ jazzes acting like dumbasses and had like 6 TO in 1st qurter ~~~~ :)

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we lost here because Utah simply played with more passion at both ends of the court. They forced us to take tough shots and were able to work the ball around on offense for good looks and lay-ups.

They also marched to the line.

The fact is that Carl Landry, Scola, and other guys like Novak are still not there defensively and it cost us tonight. Rookies and new guys aren't always go to perform great. Tonight was one of those nights.

I don't think missing Yao tonight is an excuse - not when we are at home and not when facing a poor road team like Utah. We should win. We didn't. And it's not because of any one player either. It's a team loss - this one certainly is. No one played steller. We got away with a win in Portland, but it wasn't going to work against Utah and it didn't.

And frankly, the Rockets got zero lift from the fans. Really disappointing to see the arena half empty.

15. caneks

caneks Rookie

Trading T-Mac will not bring crap players because Morey is smart. We should be able to get 2 decent players if not a superstar in return. Lakers looks good so far mainly because Kobe took less shots than he usually did. I don't see that happening on T-Mac. I don't think it is a good idea to compare T-Mac with Kobe. Kobe has 3 rings, and T-Mac hasn't passed first round.

16. ilomse

ilomse Member

:) :) :) Tmac for KG....nah just kidding~$ won't fall of from sky~

17. TheParrotIsNoMo

I'll wait till mid feb to see how the Rockets are doing.... No need to poop in our pants and call mommy!!!!

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I think Kobe still averages more shots then Tmac per game and their Field goal percentage is pretty close. 2 decent players would not really improve the team dramatically. Instead bringing in better role players would probably improve it a lot. Tmac has done everything Kobe has after Shaq left.

19. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Me 2 especially cus i know they can get on a 20 game winning streak with ease

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Imagine if that trade did happen. Our perimeter players would be terrible. We would be the exact opposite of Dallas... all frontcourt and no backcourt. I am not saying I wouldn't do that if it was a real option, which it obviously isn't. I am just thinking about the rest of the team beyond the fantasy KG/Yao combo. There wouldn't be much.