1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 1/27/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ericmark

ericmark Member

Then why play Yao? :confused:

2. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Well, we have a deeper bench than either teams, so we can afford to do that.

Taking Jazz for example, they don't really have a good way to counter that. Starting Collins? their offense will suffer. Also Yao will not need to guard Boozer or Jazz PnR as much if he comes off the bench...

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's going to draw flames because its idiotic. Yao's started every game this season. He doesn't have problems with the Jazz. Warriors...yes, but Jazz, no. The first game of the season was just Tracy's, and Yao shot sub-par. His playoff stats against the Jazz last year were fine....except for the fact that he was forced to guard Boozer...which pretty much nobody can do.

Again, the Warriors are a different story. But they're like Phoenix. Yao will either be sub-par, or dominate. The first game this season he was sub-par against Warriors. But same with first game last season. Then in the second game, he went38 and18 boards (though still a 2 point loss). Then in the final game he did well, too, 27 points and 8 boards.

The last thing Yao needs to overcome in this league is learning how to not be taken out of the game by the Warriors of the world, on a consistent basis.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Death to the Jazzholes!

I wanna see Deron, Okur, AK47, and Boozer get dominated

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Dont follow. We beat them already this season. In their building. By double figures. Supposedly the Rockets are playing better now.

6. youyou2007

youyou2007 Member

this one would be really hard. tmac and scola need to perform hugely to win. but still have the faith... :mad:

7. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

a must win for us

8. seaweed

seaweed Member

It's time for Revenge II.

9. KITZ

KITZ Member

SCOLA need to play out of his mind.

then Rocket Win

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

T-Mac might be the big mismatch in this one. Hopefully the Rockets can feed Yao by moving the ball around and letting him catch and shoot instead of putting it on the floor.

Come on Rox, get another one.

11. monica

monica Member

We'll win...
    cuz rockets is getting better and better!!!!
    i hope they can get 8 straight win....

12. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

First of all i respect your opinion but to say you don't like me is something i will take because it's funny to me.
    Second is about my statement about a blow out loss which i think is fair, because:
    - Rockets are not good at home
    - The crowd is not as supportive as others
    - Rockets are 4-0 with crucial wins, but not based on playing RA's system and good basketball. It was solid but defence and bench production was the key
    - 4th quarter collapses are still in the air and are shooters are streaky

If i could be at the game i would cheering my ass off and i'm the first to support this team but i'm being fair and don't think we're going to win this game. It's just a prediction, which on itself is totall nonsense, so you shouldn't take it that serious. Sorry about your frustration but it says more about you than me, doesn't it.

So RA and the Rockets, prove me wrong.

13. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

Here's a little bit of encouragement and pumping up to us fans,and to the rockets if they check this site out.

A video recap of last years playoffs. I don't know why, but this video gets me hyped real fast. Makes me want to torch the jazz or just go kick butt in bball.
    Enjoy.

<div><object width="420" height="331"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2ooo9"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2ooo9" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="331" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ooo9_houston-rockets-time-of-dying-h4l_sport">Houston Rockets Time of Dying [H4L]</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Pred21">Pred21</a></i></div>

14. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

Look at Jazz starters, they all in double figure. rockets if starting without TMac, only have two players in double figure. But I do think our bench is much more deeper then them, and this year Jazz is without Derek and Giricek. Yao always have tough time playing with them, but surely Yao always have determination to beat them too.
    It will be a huge win.. We need it. Come on Rocket, You can do it!

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

The I don't like you thing came out the wrong way becasue how can I say something like that if I don't know you. What I was really saying is that I hate when people say is going to be a blow out game before it even starts. We have to have faith in our team no matter what because if we don't who will.

I can respect your opinion also becasue we don't play great at home, but look on the other side of things and see how badly the Jazz play on the road. I think we will pull this win out becasue this team will play like they have somehting to prove.

16. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

No problem with Jazz?? You lose your credibility right there.

Did you even watch the playoff games at all?? He was holding to <40% shooting and 5 or 6 turnovers per game and Boozer burned him over and over with jumper or drive to the basket.

17. soupman

soupman Member

HUGE game for the Rockets for so early in the season. A win moves us into a virtual tie for the 8th slot. Also, over the last 10 teams, the only team with a record better than the 8-2 run of the Rockets is New Orleans. We gotta stay on a roll to make up ground. Go Rocks!

18. soupman

soupman Member

Sometimes I just don't understand people on this board. No offense intended, but Yao is leading the team in 5 of the 8 most commonly-tracked individual stats: PPG, FG%, FT%, Blks, and Reb. He is also a deft passer in the LP. In the 4th Q he almost always draws double-and/or triple-team coverage, which should leave shooters and driving lanes open for others at the most critical time of the game. Other coaches must not want him to have the ball, thus the defensive pressure on him (which sometimes is quite effective, by the way, in reducing his productivity...as it should).

As a result, some on this board want to make it easier on the opposition by keeping him on the bench more often, allowing the opposition to play man-up against us or D/T McGrady, thereby reducing the effectiveness of those (except McGrady) who have been proven to be less productive offensively.

It is true that Yao is a defensive liability on the perimeter (but not in the paint) when teams go small-ball. But I recommend you do the math on the decision to pull him off the floor. The opposing shooter he guards may see his FG% on the perimeter improve, but the improvement is only the variance between what he normally shoots and what he shoots with Yao guarding him on the perimeter. What we lose is the difference between Yao's low post productivity on offense (and the benefit of the D/Ts and T/Ts he commands for his teammates) and the productivity of his replacement.

19. ikfit

ikfit Member

Can't wait to see we beat these J as hole.

Still 7 hours to wait.

Go Rockets Beat them up

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Last time, T-Mac dropped 47 on their heads like it was another day at the park. This time, T-Mac goes for 57.