1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 1/27/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hate the jazzholes.

Rockets MUST win

I think it will be like a playoff atmosphere at the T-center

It should be close, but rox win.

2. ikfit

ikfit Member

Let Scola guard Boozer.

Tmac, AB, Scola, Landry, Novak play 4th q. We win.

Yao bunce back for a great first 3 q and lead the team for 22 points 12 rebs 3 blocks. No TO.

AB and Novak's 3s falling like rain.

Win

Run&D Eq Win

3. theREALDEALkid

We beat them earlier in the season wit T-Mac, we'll beat em again wit T-Mac, alot of ppl have no faith in this team :(

4. conquistador#11

the speed, that Aaron provides, will keep constant pressure on utah's defence. I caught the pre-game interviews with gene peterson last night and sikma was talking about more pick and rolls with aaron :eek:

at the end of the game Ak-47 is going to resemble a musket :)
    rockets 100
    jazz 87

5. ibm

ibm Member

with the new players and developments on our side, i'm looking forward to seeing what kinda changes in game plan adelman has in his pocket for this game.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We need to bench Yao. If we try to establish Yao we'll only end up turning the ball over or giving up open jumper after open jumper on the other end. Not necessarily Yao's fault, his teammates (Luther Head...cough cough) mostly suck at passing him the ball and he just can't contest long jumpers. Maybe bring him in during the 4th quarter fresh to finish the game. Put Scola on Okur and Landry/Hayes on Boozer.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Make me a believer.

8. Rowdie Brandon

it isn't a playoff type atmosphere even when we're in the playoffs...................hopefully the arena will at least be alive and partially full on Sunday....

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the crowd was loud v. the spurs, but still not as loud as like other arenas. hell even madison square garden half full is louder than the TC at capacity. i think when the team is trying to build its next arena, try to make it in a way the fans are closer.

10. YugoRocketsFan

This game doesnt scare me, but it is a must win, the Jazz just suck on the road, the last team they beat on the road were the Clippers, and their last road win before that was in December 21st, the j*zz should be beaten, if we play good this WILL be a blowout.

11. apocclass

apocclass Member

i think if yao is struggling, we should not hesitate to sit him for awhile. i think Landry can be HUGE in this game because he is so athletic, but he must stay out of foul trouble.

as for the jazz, they are playing better recently, BUT if you look at their schedule, its been a bunch of crap teams. the only victory they have over good teams are portland in utah (finally breaking portland's streak, they were due. they then went played IN portland and were blown out), phoenix (where PHX was without nash, marion, and hill), and orlando (who had also been struggling).

needless to say a very soft schedule indeed, so my only real concern is how yao will play against them. if he doesnt struggle too bad i say we win by double digits. maybe im just an optimist :cool:

12. lalala902102001

It's time to salvage the season!! We are 2 games out of No.7 playoffs pot.

Utah is a sub 500 road team. We should beat them at home, and we have to beat them.

Go Rockets!!

13. jc1988

jc1988 Member

i wanna see BLOOD!

revenge rox revenge..

these sobs ended your run last year, revenge!!

14. howe070523

howe070523 Member

Blow out win!
    :D

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I bet for the Jazzholes it WILL be a playoff-type atmosphere :mad:

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If our rookie 3 plays as well as they did against Portland, we win easily

17. brooksstephens

Utah's road record..... 7-15 :D

This is a game we SHOULD win.

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

The Rockets have dug themselves in such a big hole that all the games against Utah, Golden State, Portland, Denver are must wins now.

19. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

nice game to test both teams, who are rolling right now

but since jazz is so bad on the road we are the favor

one thing keep our guys win, revenge, come on , guys, let me feel the blood

20. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

That would be an awful idea. Boozer is way to big and strong for Scola, I say keep Chuck on him. He is the only one with the strength and quickness to guard Boozer.