1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 11/27/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I had an absolute blast at this game…I’m so glad I went

they hit shots, were unselfish, didn’t turn the ball over, and played with joy and enthusiasm

[​IMG]

oh, and Silas

[​IMG]

he was surgical once again out there…he’s Stephen Silas MD Esquire to me from now on

palmsnbananas, j@amc, D-rock and 20 others like this.
  2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Rockets better without Jalen Green confirmed.

I keed.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ryan hollins in the twitter spaces, lol.. Bull would never.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No time to return the Tank Commander to the floor!

Rocket River

burlesk, Patience, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  5. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I’m so glad we got Duncan Robinson for nothing and put him in the starting lineup.

D-rock, Patience, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ryan Hollins > Bull…yeah, I said it, and I said it with my chest

if he had any connection to the Rockets, it wouldn’t even be close between to the 2

Hollins brings more to the table than 3>2, Rockets don’t want to shoot midrange, and Nwaba Dabadoo

Patience, hakeem94, DeBeards and 4 others like this.
  7. sirjesse

Supporting Member

EGO sounds like a player coach today baby.

burlesk, hakeem94, jch1911 and 3 others like this.
  8. sirjesse

Supporting Member

Bobby you hit the Mark baby!

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sorry, but this is horseshit.

No one gives a damn about some feel good story Rockets team that lands 10th place instead of 15th.

The reason why no legit FA would join this shitshow is because this is NOT special, its an embarrassing product.

aaquaa, palmsnbananas and HP3 like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

"Rockets had their best game of the year, took care of the ball and made their shots. They did just beat the Bulls at home. Hornets had a disadvantage with rest, not talent. Christian Wood had 33-16 with 2 blocks. They lose that game without him. Imagine how amazing the Hornets would be with him."
    Hornets fans want Wood. Come on Stone Wood for Lamelo lets do it LOL

18pbr likes this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

So youre saying it was stupid for the Grizz to make the play in last year? They consequently beat the ****ing Warriors by the way and I can easily see a star joining that team. If we made it with our vets playing heavy minutes that would be stupid but if this idiot Silas played all our rookies and young guys heavy minutes and we made the play in that would be wonderful.

hakeem94 and JayGoogle like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The hypothetical would mean the team would be pretty special though, considering the hole they've dug in, to dig out of that hole and make the playoffs would be attractive to a FA no doubt. If it's done on the backs of Green and KPJ, it says this is a backcourt that will be great for years to come.

Moreso attractive than being a tanking team. Big name FAs don't consider tanking teams unless it's the Lakers.

I remember asking someone if they would rather Jalen Green look like a once in a lifetime Jordan like prospect and drag his team to the playoffs in his first or second year like most generational prospect...or would you rather just pick top 5 the next 2 seasons and this person whose username I don't even remember right now...said they'd rather draft top 5. That's how I knew some people enjoy the lootbox of the lottery WAY too much. If you prefer drafting top 3 over say Jalen Green looking like a generational talent then you've forgotten why teams draft that high to begin with.

People really need to understand there are other ways to build a championship team. This fanciful idea that we are going to draft elite talent every time we are in the top 5 is what is horseshit to me. If we draft top 5 two more seasons we'd be lucky to have one perennial all-star. We'll be lucky if that guy IS Green.

What OKC did was EXTREMELY rare with Harden, Russ, Durant. It's more likely a rebuilding team has one or two homegrown talents or one or two big FA signings. What GSW did (and they did this hitting on picks later in the draft anyway) is EXTREMELY rare. It's a lot more likely that the next guy we draft won't be all that special. People drool over Bancero now, remember he's playing against lesser competition.

IvanLCPM, Easy, Zen Tabak and 7 others like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Why don’t the Hornets play Bouknight? Guess we shot the ball well huh ;) small ball baby

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Takeaways:

Pro
    • 11-man rotation vs Bulls, 10 tonight. With Christopher and Garuba in G-League, Nawaba and Theis are the only ones on active roster, who didn't play.
    • Playing the long rotation ended up being a good thing, kept fresher legs for OT. Wood played most minutes; only 40 with overtime. On same night, Nets rided Durant for 44 min in a loss without OT. Hornets was also on a back to back, whereas Rockets had two day rest.
    • Team only had 13 turnovers, honestly thought we'd had more.
      • With the spacing, guys knocking down shots: KPJ wracked up 12 assists. 12:4 Assist to turnover ratio is good to see.
    • Not too much sticky ball
    • Team 46.9% 3pt % threes. (high volume and efficient: Gordon 57.1%, Brooks 45.5%, and Mathews 55.6%).
    • Wood had a career high, but that is with OT. Think the OKC blowout game he could have gone that if he was left in the game. Wood also patrolled the paint better.
    • Afernee Sengun no foul trouble (12 min), when he had a few TO, they ran the point back through DJ. (safety net). He should be careful doing spin move dribble at the top of key, opponent defenses may be looking for it now. Afernee had good assists.
    • Hornets strategies questionable at times.
    Con
    • Team free throw 68.8%. Get it to 75% at least.
    • There were some questionable mental lapses in the game.
      • one or two possessions where a Rocket player wasn't aware of the shot clock.
      • an unnecessary clear path foul (gordon)
      • as minutes wind down, KPJ didn't dribble out the clock.
      • on a free throw trip, with little time left, KPJ should have iced the game with a 2nd free throw to get a 4 point lead, instead of an intentional miss. o_O
    • Kelly Oubre a baller.
    Not nit picking as team played hard, but if the Hornets won this game, these mistakes would have been magnified. A win covers up lot of things.

Rockets playing well after Jalen Green and KPJ cornrows braided.

I hope Nawaba, JC, Grauba are working on their 3's. If one of Garrison, Armoni or Eric goes down, it would be a blow to this current offense and spacing.

#1334 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 28, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    JayGoogle, j@amc, Patience and 9 others like this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really.

You see the a major free agent joining the Grizzlies. Which star player would that be?

The Grizzlies have officially entered the treadmill, with little avenues to improve other than organic growth. Its a masterclass in how not to build.

palmsnbananas, juanming and HP3 like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is playing like one too.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There were mistakes no doubt, our other problem is lack of size on the boards. Our defensive effort as a team is improving. We still have a long way to go, but there is reason for some optimism. Go Houston Rockets!

burlesk likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The body language after every foul is a bad habit that should be stopped and not copied by younger players.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree in the long run yes, but this was a special occasion.

Players needed a confidence boost after the lengthy losing streak.

The only thing is Silas will not be fired immediately.

No great FA would want to join Fertitta and his program, I agree. I am not totally sold on Stone either.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brother, now come on.

Now teams will game plan against Mathews, Armoni Brooks.

(The odds of getting a Top 5 is greater than for Green to look like the messiah and lead them to the Playoffs by himself in his 1st or 2nd year) (The best outcome is Green is a 22 ppg scorer like Edwards in his second year but would not be enough)

Calling every 2nd pick a generational talent......

If they make the Play In, it will not be just because of Jalen Green, he might have contributed to it but you saw that the team is stronger than a hyped 2nd overall pick!

Still a long long road ahead.

Please abstain from mentioning him in the same as the greatest player of All time, lordy, this is not going to end well.

#1340 daywalker02, Nov 28, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    burlesk likes this.