1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/13/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2008.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Im pretty sure you need to Dick Bavetta

:p

2. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

The good, the bad & the ugly:

Good:
    - Yao's performance throughout the whole game
    - Defence overall
    - Brooks's penetration and shot selection in first 8 mins (3/3)
    - Rafer's threes
    - Scola's hustle

Bad:
    - Brooks (after 3/3) , Head, Rafer's shot selection overall (quick shots)
    - Offence (No speed, no good ball movement, so either to Yao or quick shot)
    - Double teaming of Chris Paul, mainly by Scola (West had a ton because of bad rotation on D)

Ugly:
    - Bonzi Wells (he's an ugly guy + his shooting is awful)
    - Lay-ups (this cost us the game)
    - Free throws
    - Yao's three pointer at the end (it doesn't matter if you have a time-out or not, just make the play for Rafer or another good three point shooter)

They deserved to lose and no way you can blame this on the refs. I agree that Yao again had the calls against him and a lot of contact was left unnoticed but truth is: Rockets didn't deserve a win even though they could've easily won.

3. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

he is **** from the outside, another liability, otherwise i be for it

4. caneks

caneks Rookie

I wasn't surprised about the lose after I watched the first quarter. Yao took 8 shoots in that quarter and Alston made 1/6. This is not how the team played in the previous 5 games. Where was the balanced offense in this game?

5. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

What? Rafer's shooting is streaky, but his passing is the best of any one on the team. Tmac averaged more assists when he is healthy, but also handles the ball alot more. Rafer is one of the best on the team at getting Yao the ball in positions he can score. Even I am not convinced that Rafer is going to continue to score like he has most of the games Tmac has missed, but passing is certainly not his weakness.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

This game *really* hurts because our margin for error to make the playoffs is very slim. We *have* to win games when we have a big lead in the fourth.

7. mister pc

mister pc Member

I didnt see the game, but why did West score so many points? Was that because of Scola's defense?

8. mister pc

mister pc Member

Last play of the game, lineup should have been

Brooks
    Head
    Battier
    Novak
    Yao