1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/13/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2008.

1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

You are already a rookie. :p

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Damn, I have to wake up "early" on Sunday to catch this game.... :p

3. lalala902102001

The Hornets have been playing extremely well. This game will show exactly how far the Rockets have come without TMac. And I'd like to see how AB matches up with Chris Paul. Should be fun to watch.

4. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

As far as AB vs CP, what' s this, CP's third year? He will most likely school AB. Rockets win. 106-87. Book it.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

We need this win.. But I have a feeling we might lose. :(

Hornets frontcourt of Chandler and West is VERY SOLID.

CP3 leading the way, two outside shooters in Peterson and Stojakovic, and Bobby Jackson as the 6th man.

THIS TEAM IS GOOD!! :eek:

6. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

If they play defense like they did against New York when they went up 10-0 and keep it up for the full 48 mins + Rafer, Yao and a third player will get 20+ they will win. If they let CP3 penetrate and get easy buckets like Marbury and play average D it's going to be a tough loss. The guards also have to limit their quick shots, just pass the ball around, then to Yao and let him kick out and then shoot. So no quick threes and stuff like that + not missing close range jumpers will be crucial to a victory. Last but not least:
    Don't put Mike James out there !!

Prediction:

Rockets 99-113 Hornets

7. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

This is the game between Rafer and Chris Paul. If Rafer and handle CP well, then it must be a win for Rockets. Yao, Chuck and Battier should be able to contend their forward and center. Luther or Bonzi as well better than Morrison.

Our bench for sure much better than their, especially if they put R.Bowen on the floor...

We have home court and energy, It's a win for rockets

8. blender

blender Member

Brooks will likely have to go up against New Orleans' backup point guard Bobby Jackson. Should be an interesting matchup and an interesting game.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Number 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Clutch and Clutchfans for maintaining the greatest forum, for the greatest team in the World!

What I would do without Clutchfans I have no idea........

10. jerm2010

jerm2010 Member

I'm not gonna right off the bat say we lose

but i'm a bit worried about this game..

we need to really take care of the ball and control

cp3 to have a chance...

I hope the Rockets continue what they started

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This is perfect. Game starts right when I get home from work. I load a bowl with some fine product and I'm good to go! :D

12. BritKid12

BritKid12 Member

I love the Sunday afternoon games...its a completely different vibe. I'm gonna hit up some grub at the Breakfast Klub (Wings and Waffles!) and head straight to the game. This is really the benchmarking/litmus test game for us. I was very surprised to see us favored by one point when the lines came out last night. I will be very excited if we can get this one done. A big game out of Rafer would also lead me to believe that his current form is likely to continue. Good luck guys... LETS GO ROX

13. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

How does it get any better then that? :D

14. laowan

laowan Member

We gotta believe Rafer & Yaoza.

15. Tornadoofsoul6

Watching Year Of The Yao today at 5 (or 4 not too sure if the schedule was in EST or CST) on My Network (if you're have comcast cable in Houston).

16. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

No matter who he goes against, he had better play hard. Their two point guards were a combined 16-16 from the field AND 9-9 from THREE.

17. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Hmm. This is interesting. Sunday afternoon games are so much different that regular night games. I wonder how it will affect us/them.

18. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

This is what I'm saying ... ok, we beat teams we were supposed to beat, big deal! If the Rockets are going to make a serious surge and make some serious noise this year, they have to start taking care of business at home and they MUST take care of business within the division. So, it's time to show everyone what you got, Rockets!

Something tells me we may see a lot more of AB and Landry (15-20) in this one! X factor: Scola. Give us a 20/10 and couple with Yao who should do well vs Chandler (he doesn't have much of a shooting touch but, he gets a lot of layup and dunk opportunities so ... question may be moot on this subject) and that will help lots toward winning this game. Main thing with Chandler is you got box him out consistently. He's a headache on the glass.

Peja is a good shooter but, you have to keep him from just going crazy out there. Make him play defense will help immensely. Maybe bring in Novak in say a 3-5 min span and see if nothing else that we can fight fire with fire.

The D effort must be there or yes, the Hornets can run us out of OUR own gym! Rafer and AB will undoubtedly have their hands full with CP3.

It should be a good indication of how far the Rockets have come the last few weeks.

Keep sharing the ball, Rockets

Prediction: Rockets 104, Hornets 95.

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

dont see us winning this game. we probably have the worst defensive guards in the league.

20. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

This is could be a huge spring for us if we win...if we don't I don't see it as a "big deal." Disappointing if we lose, yeah sure, but they are very, very, good, and we have had alot of trouble with them. Can Rafer, AB, Scola, etc keep up the good play? If they do, we've got a damn good chance to take this one.

Win or lose, Yao will kick Chandler's butt all day though!!