1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/13/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2008.

1. mau

mau Member

so, finally we play a decent team, game is on the line, and we are a one-dimensional team whose only hope is a player that has to be set up to make a play

i'm wondering if we were missing something (someone) that would have been very useful in increasing our chances to win the game

hope this game puts some fan's brains into work and finally open their eyes

2. bigwill123

bigwill123 Member

And you think that's funny? I would think a "grammer" professor like yourself would take spelling very seriously.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Errr, you really feel that those were legit steals by the Hornets and Yao was not fouled? :confused:

I mean if that's case okay, but I just wanna make sure..

4. bronx43

bronx43 Member

Yao's turnovers were pretty much fouls that weren't called. And it's no surprise that Alston's first bad shooting night comes against a good team.

5. bbjai

bbjai Member

Can't be bothered really. I mean like Im trying to avoid my boss seeing me reading this forum at the same time. So I don't really proof read. Its just this guy has been giving me angst. He makes many posts but many of them are slightly hard to understand. Sometimes I find that alot of people are misinterpreting comments by T-mac, Adelman. Its like how some people say the Chinese articles aren't translated properly.

I mean I note that alot of people still thinks T-mac issued a low blow that the wins mean nothing. I don't know if thats interpretation or just plain not understanding. But he doesn't seem to make statements like that. Just how todays game will be a good test for our current setup and put our win streak to the test. I personally think we did fairly well today. If the starters had some more shots falling their way. It would have been much easier game. But thats life. With T-mac coming back in I have the confidence to say that we will be a better team. Today's game just proved it to me. Yao is playing on a high level, close to last seasons level.

6. bigwill123

bigwill123 Member

At least 2 of the turnovers happened when chandler slammed him on his arm, when the game was on the line. :mad:

The refs are a bunch of blowers.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, the foul was with his arm on his body, the second time he came down it didn't look like it was a ball, definitely close. But there was a reach in that wasn't called.

Is it me or am I the only one that wonders why Yao holds the ball the way he does and no one has tried to get him to hold it closer to his body.

I mean, what on earth is he doing with it extended out like that while he's turning into the paint?

8. choujie

choujie Member

Hakeem woudln't have been Hakeem, Jordan wouldn't have been Jordan if they got treated by refs like Yao.

9. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Not just Rafer Alston, Hayes, 2pt, 2 rebounds, Battier, 2pt, 4 rebounds.
    Moreover, Battier's defense in first half was terrible as well.
    Shame of the whole first line-up except Yao.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You should have had the headline read... We was Robbed!!!

;) :(

11. bbjai

bbjai Member

Were they focusing their defence on him more? I know Rafer got pretty much a free ride on defence against New York and the likes.

12. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

You are the only ONE. You are definitely smarter than all Rocket's coaches, current batch and previous batches, let alone all fans in this BBS.

13. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

It really upsets me how Yao missed FT when the games are on the line...This guy will hit all his FT against scrubs but will start missing when it counts....as far as those two fouls late in the game...yeah they suck, but Yao also needs to hold on to the ball a little tighter in my opinion.

14. ibm

ibm Member

your logic is rather strange. one gets hacked and doesn't get the call he deserves, the solution is to "get tougher and stronger"? how strange. how much "stronger" do you suppose is strong enough? to the extent that even if chandler, a physical 7'1 center, hacks yao across his arms, yao should be strong enough to still make sure the ball doesn't fly out?

btw, i've watched the nba since hakeem's rookie year. in my mind, yao is the worst officiated big man in league history. bigs like hakeem and shaq got called poorly, but not like this shiit they put on yao. (anyone who has played bball will know this - when the ball comes out of the player's hands flying, as opposed to going down, it's a hack from the defender and it's impossible to be a strip. hard for me to believe the refs don't know about bball 101.)

15. Felixthecat

We robbed ourselves...FT,Layups...Had we made our layups or Ft we would of won...Cant wait till Tmac comes back.

16. Felixthecat

I agree with you...but you have to admit that he also needs to be more aggressive and stronger in order to hold on to the ball and at least attempt a shot or pass...Hakeem had a death grip...why can't Yao also master the Death Grip :D

17. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

You make the right point. Those complained know nothing about BBall.

18. ibm

ibm Member

if you were referring to those 2 terrible non-calls which led to hornets' pts, you'd better rephrase the word "turnover".

19. bbjai

bbjai Member

Actually I've long thought that the ball coming out of Yao's hand flying is highly possible. His so much bigger then anyone else that if I was to try and strip Yao i would try and punch it out as opposed to strip it downwards. I don't know if thats the line of thinking but thats how I've thought about why the call when Yao is stripped. But as always some of them are blatant fouls on his hand

20. ibm

ibm Member

that, and yao also missed a crucial last-second 3pt-er that could've tied the game! how un-clutch yao is!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: