1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 2/11/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we may be better off with mase and kj playing than oladipo and tucker

I am optimistic...

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Bruno is better than Rodions Kurucs.

Start them both and give KPJ 20 shots per game.

HP3, Mr. Space City and hakeem94 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you want to keep Nwaba?

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wouldn't mind, but right now I only care about KPJ, Wood and Tate staying.

I'm okay with whatever happens and still don't think they will fall to the bottom 4. I just hate watching this team lose without youngsters who will be here past this season.

Oladipo is a nightmare so far, and he's exactly what I thought he would be. I have no clue why Silas wanted him so badly for on this expiring deal.

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

right now the team has about 17% chance of a top 4. I would feel satisfied ending the season with those kind of odds, worst case swapping the 10th pick or something for a late teens pick. Probably could combine Portland's pick to get into the top 12. The clear franchise players are only in the top 4 anyways.

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Ehhhh, you know despite how much we dont like house right now...he IS a better shooter than Nwaba. I think Nwaba deserves more time but I dont think its a crime to keep House out there to help with the offense when our defense was doing okay. I hope Nwaba gets more minutes going forward though.....or gets traded...thats fine too.

18pbr likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Same. Im guessing you are cooled off on Mason Jones as well?

Did Silas really want him on that team? Ive heard that a lot, who reported that?

I like the idea of going for a top 12 pick. Especially in this draft as it is pretty deep.

treyk3 likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I never really liked Mason Jones to be honest. He's fine. He could end up being great but I'm not sold yet.

Iko reported he did on his podcast. Just tonight Silas said he is completely satisfied with Oladipo so far. I do think the team will consider keeping him long term. Kind of weird.

HP3 likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Once I saw the Vipers had played, I didn't even bother to watch the Rockets. I watched the recording of the Vipers.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nwaba is a better driver and finisher at the rim... A LOT better

what do you mean danuel is a better shooter, you mean he has a better shooting form?
    his percentages are just slightly better than nwabas

given how much his driving game, defense and transition game is better i would always give more pt to david over danuel

Imanimal likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Any news on why Sucker and Creepo left the floor early?? Did a trade happen while the game was being played??? Were they on their way to catch a plane?

BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

rockets1995 and coachbadlee like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Patrick Fertita received forwarded message that @HP3 PM-ed to Rafael Stone during the game and he thus decided to change the course of the ship.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Not a good coach. Loses Tucker and doesn’t play Bwaba and Cousins = ballgame.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, I know he's also a way worse shooter.

House is taking twice as many per game with a better percentage. House would be the better shooter.

Just depends on the match up. If you need offense you put in House, if you need defense you put it in Nwaba. Generally though, I prefer Nwaba to have more minutes than House.

ElPigto likes this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Vipers are the most Interesting Team because of Kevin Porter Jr.

Kevin is really talented at scoring and dribbling but can he pass to open teammates.
    Kevin really needs to develop in Passing.

Mindset should be Half Scorer, Half Passer on Offense. Rebounding and Defense looks easy for him. I know he is bored in the G League. He needs to be more involved in the offense.

I want him to Average 7 Assists or more. I know he can do it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

I would never want to talk to Patrick lolol.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

way worse? you reffering to the form or percentages?

even if hes slightly better 3pt shooter it doesnt mean hes a better offensive player... transition ENERGY AND DRIVES ALL WAY BETTER WITH nwaba
    pardon for caps lollol

again 3pt is not the entire offense... and being slightly better 3pt shooter does not a better offensive player make

18. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I understand and you make a very good point, but House shot 1-9 from three point range tonight. That’s not going to get it done either. If he is going to shoot that bad then I would at least like to have some elite defense out there.

HP3 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but you talked to stone and he just forwarded your message 2pat

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and better offense, cause NWABA IS better than danuel at both offense and defense... house is just a slightly better 3pt shooter

18pbr likes this.