1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 12/15/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so the mediocrity and regular season trophys is ok now ? LOL
    so you lose and lose and lose and just lose more for 5 years straight on purpose, you cancel the real basketball games all that time, to achieve that?
    LOLOLOL

grizzlies miami and jazz etc achieve all that and even more not even tanking except on an occasional year perhaps...and jazz is in the west where its 10 times harder...in east anyone can get 50 win season whenever they really feel like doing it...:D:D

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You really are an idiot. Only one team can "win it all" on any given season and there are many factors that go into it. "Best" teams dont always win championships. You're just being dense in order to hear yourself scream at this point.

3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Yeah, Herro had 35 the night before against OKC. First half he went bonkers. It's not like we have a defensive stopper in the perimeter, that's true.

Progress is clear, you may not like the pace of it, and that's ok. We surely could look better with more structure, but seems like the organization is not crazy about change at least for this year.

So, our best this year may be what these couple of games looked like. Less chaos, more defense. But. that's it.

Ankara1923 and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I was in a lucky group to have a chat with Drazen's brother Aleksandar Aco in 1996 when he was leading a European team's (likely Sevilla) prep games in Darussafaka Sports Center in Istanbul. He told us he missed Drazen a lot not only as a brother but also as a friend. He meant it. Was very sentimental for him and also for us.Losing a basketball legend early is painful, losing a brother that early is devastating.

hakeem94 and fryjol7 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats funny you guys said Silas losing his Dad was no big deal and everyone was being overly emotional -- maybe not you directly, but it was definitely one of you Turkish guys. The irony is stunning.

6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

It is not Herro problem, any guard defended (or not defended) by KPJ scores araound 30 against Rockets. Silas put Garuba on Herro and he was stopped, that easy. Ftank explained in his videos how Alpi's screens gives JGreen half a second free time to shoot. Just half a second makes huge difference. KPJ's opponents are as free as watermelon collectors. No defense, no obstruction.

An opponent guard scored less than 30 and what happened?
    Suns game, won,
    Bucks game, won.
    Spurs game: Keldon Johnson 32-lost
    76ers game: Tobias: 27-won
    GSW game : Curry 30/Wiggins 36: lost
    Suns game: Booker 41- won by a point

Over the last 6 game only 1 game was won when opps guard scored 30 or more. It means that there is a systematic problem in perimeter defense, someone not doing the job properly. Herro is on fire but not that much, not to have career record level.

Hornacek was not a proper coach and I feel Lionell Hollins is not doing great to teach defense to the related players. You can see improvements in Jabari's and Sengun's defense but no improvement in the are which should be the first.

How many "sleeping beauty" in Rockets front office?

#1106 Ankara1923, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    hakeem94 and rocketchampsdad like this.
  7. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

In understand your frustration. Tanking is something hard to grasp, and even more when it has been going for so long. I think we all agree perimeter defense is bad, we know for a fact having Jalen and KPJ at the same time is not average defense.

But that's the concept of development for NBA teams, they let flawed people play more minutes than the others. We still can improve on minute and line ups though. Not to defend Silas here.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  8. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I don't know why you posted this but you can easily find that I shared the pain of Steph as "fatherless son". I also shown my respect to DaDakota when people making fun about the gif.
    Our upbringing is different than western upbringing, we have no "schadenfrude". It is not accepted to talk after someone passed away and you have to be respectful to people who lost their beloved. It does not make Silas Sr or Silas Jr good NBA coaches but you should shut your mouth at least 40 days according to "Tengri Religion". How Christians, Muslims, jews, Buddhists,.. do I don't know.

Divine message is same: " Care any living organism and respect to your forefathers". This is mandatory to be human.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

now imagine what would happen if spoelstra played herro only 6 or 15 minutes a night....or made him to work on his postup game...LOL....or put a TO prone dumb guard to play alongside him and never give him the ball...
    LOL

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you really go back to ad hominem and insults whenever youre beaten in the fight...not a lot of moves in your bag...

but ill take an insult in a post where you basically made an admission that tanking really doesnt make you any more likely to win it all

brother we could have had 50 wins silas first year here....harden can give you 50 wins with any supporting cast.. and no you havent had to trade him just like broklyn didnt trade durant...

you dont have to tank for 5 years to win 50 games

sengun could have won you 50 games in his rookie season if you surounded him with nice supporting cast, played him plenty minutes and played tru him...

if you went all in and brought in lillard and/or some other superstar available on the market for the assets we had you could have won it all perhaps...

its just that they decided to go full p***y mentality and give it up all for nothing...just so they can win 50 games in 2027 after 5 years of not playing real basketbal....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    TANKING REALLY NEVER WORKS

rocketchampsdad likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

to not hustle and put maximum effort is a concept also acceptable in nba...but its not how you win...its not hard to grasp..its the way of the world..losers dont really care anywhere really, in any sport or any business...thats why they are losers...

yes you can still improve...i improve even when i dont even play...but dont relie on that if you want to win rings...and if you dont then whats the point of tanking anyway..to do it just because 'everybody does it?'

well in fact this is a myth as well and not everybody does it... if you are an nba fan and you still believe everybody does it, or that its effective, well youre biased then...

aaquaa likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

This is the perfect kind of game for this current Rockets team. A close loss, they were competitive throughout most of the game so there are positives to take away. Over the season, hopefully they will win 5-10 of these type of game but lose the others.

Player development with the lowest likelihood of becoming mediocre.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Ankara1923 and rocketchampsdad like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol its always something with these dudes...its always an abberation otherwise silas and the tank would have won championship..its not fair he came here thinking he will coach harden and westbook...yeah right!

15. TimDuncanDonaut

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://media.tenor.com/J8tcsvtrmdcAAAAM/ding-dong-its-america-mother****er-george-washington.gif

17. i3artow i3aller

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Good! Now I can shift your screen name over to the "non *******" column!

19. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

FIFY

Ankara1923 and rocketchampsdad like this.
  20. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

It was me.
    I said the guy was 79 years old with a very good life behind him.
    Drajan was 32 when he died with a lot to accomplish.
    I don't expect you to see any difference, but let this info stay here.

hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.