1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 11/11/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2003.

1. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

it's still a few days until the dallas game, but i was wondering if any of you guys know if we're gonna be able to watch the rockets/dallas game on tnt? or is it gonna black out again?

2. cglede

cglede Contributing Member

I predict rox win big!!!

Rox 120
    Mia 40

I might be asking for a little too much here!!:eek:

3. spaceboy

spaceboy Member

They said the first one was a mistake. Hopefully there shouldn't be any problems this time around.

4. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

cool thanks

5. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Anyone know when Adrian Griffin and Pike are coming back?

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Usually TNT is blacked out and you can watch it on 51 as long as they don't mess up lol.

7. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

really? because when it got blacked out last time, i turned it to 51 and it didn't work! i heard that if it's to be shown on tnt and if it's not a sellout crowd, then they won't show it to the houstonians? i really hope they show it on thursday.. i wanna see the game so badly now that i found out dallas hates us. lets show them which city is the best in texas!

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Rockets have been playing to there potential most of the season. I see no reason for that to change tonight.

Rockets 102

Heat 75

9. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

I am sure someone has done it, but does somone want to let the Chronicle know that the game is in Houston and not Miami?

www.chron.com

10. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

from the chronicle
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/2214513

<b>Rockets guard Eric Piatkowski and forward Adrian Griffin are eligible to come off the injured list, but neither is considered ready to join the active roster. </b>

Trainer Keith Jones said Piatkowski (sprained left ankle) and Griffin (right knee surgery) are day-to-day. Piatkowski went through all of Monday's practice except the five-on-five drills. Griffin participated in all of the workout.

Forward Maurice Taylor, who is appealing a suspension for violating the NBA/NBPA anti-drug program, also was part of Monday's practice.

"He's a member of our team," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "A member of our team goes through practice. It's not an approach for Mo. It's an approach for our team."

Alton Ford, signed Sunday, was at his first practice with the team he grew up watching.

"I'm still in awe," he said. "It's pretty wild. I felt like I'm living a dream."

The former UH and Milby forward said he dropped 12 pounds to 275 from his playing weight in Phoenix last season.

11. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

thanks..

JVG is starting to look a little rougher around the edges than he did at the start of the season :)

[​IMG]

12. jboslett

jboslett Member

91-82

yao-18, 9 rebs, 2 blocks
    stevie-21, 5 assists, 3 steals

13. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I think it does work.

I tried one during pre season but I can't remember where it is and this one looks familiar so this might be it.

Just a heads up for anybody who is going to use it.

You may have to start listening to it at least 30 minutes before the game.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Mini JVG? Wouldn't that make him microscopic?:)

15. tannersearle78

I think Jeff Van Gundy should just shave his head (like totally Bic it), and then grow a cleanly trimmed goatee so he can get that Shaft look. Then again, he might end up looking a mini-me version of Tom Tolbert.

I say, bring in the Queer Guys For the Straight Guy to give Jeff Van Gundy a make-over. They could take on Yao as a bonus.

16. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

what if at half time we put a wrestling curt and let the both of them taking each other to stan van gundy and jeff

it would be a nice halftime show

:) :D ;)

and it will be more interesting than a loss of one of them (stan)

hou win 92 - 75

17. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Rockets - 112
    Heat - 94

18. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

Yeah, or he could grow a sould patch and become a true zen master, aka Phil Jackson

19. rvpals

rvpals Member

JVG & Rox win tonight or ...

I can't really think of an alternative scenerio. :D

20. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

Naw, he's just real worried about this year's family Christmas get together after the Rockets kick Miami's sorry ass!