1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 11/11/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Duce remember there are other factors from the last Game to consider He attempted 18 shots. Some were out of position, some were off bad passes and some were just very poor attempts.I think that his mind was trying to concentrate on JVGs rebounding request. Also remember that when he was in good position and calling for the ball,one of our Guards refused him three or four times. Yao Ming looks like to me that he is getting so many mixed messages that its taking him too long to decided what is required of him. He neds to be in Houston for a couple of offseasons then he might get the desire to be a scorer.Lets hope that he and the Guards can come to an understanding.Rockets struggle but win!

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

no1 on the heat team can stop yao or cat and francies at that, we got this locked up but i hope our team dosnt take them for granted like we did last year with the cavs and others.

3. Quakes

Quakes Member

Somehow I can't shake the nagging feeling that the Rox will collapse to the Heat because they underestimate them... just a little hangover from similar games from last seasons.

Hopefully JVG can break them of this 'habit'.

Anyhow, game's going to be on NBA TV which means I can't watch it even though I have NBA League Pass coz friggin' stupid f*@#heads at Comcast don't carry NBA TV!!!!!!

:mad:

4. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Rockets win 92-76. Yao Ming will have 30-12!

5. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

The word "tired" does not refer to physical tireness here. It's the mental feeling of fatigue with a long way to go.

:D

6. Taoist_Way

Taoist_Way Contributing Member

comcast sucks! need NBATV!....and they broadcast in HD!

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

rox win 96-79

six rox in dubs.

yao: 18 pts, 11 rebs, 3 assists, 2 blks
    steve: 18 pts, 7 rebs, 6 assists
    cat: 17 pts, 4 rebs, 1 assists
    jackson: 12 pts
    cato: 10 pts, 11 rebs
    boki: 11 pts
    padgett: 4 pts
    mooch: 4 pts
    braggs: 2 pts

8. HugeBlock

HugeBlock Member

92-71
    rox win
    SVG , I'm sorry...but...:cool:

9. gundammasta

gundammasta Member

this game is going to depend on turnovers....i think should mite actually be a close game if turnovers is a factor..i predict the roxs will win if their turnover # is low...that one lil thing is only thing that holds the roxs back...TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!!

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I just have this feeling that the Rockets are going to seriously kick their butts and that Ming is going to have a monster game. Rockets by +20 and Ming 30-15-5. It is just a feeling, but it is strong.

11. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I have a strong feeling Brian Grant is going to own Yao. Yao will get frustrated, probably get 2 techs and thrown out of the game after throwing the ball into the 8th row twice. He'll finish with 6 pts and 5 rebs on 3 of 11 shooting. All of this will happen in the 1st quarter.

Everyone else on the Rockets will have a poor shooting game.

Rockets win 86-77.

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

It's too easy to underestimate the Heat. Like someone said earlier, their hungry for a win, and SVG is probably preaching to his players that the Rockets record doesn't mean squat. This is gonna be a tight game....Rockets win 90-88...

13. spaceboy

spaceboy Member

Call me a pessimist, but I think the Rockets will lose. Rockets always have a habit of blowing a winning streak to mediocre teams. This might be the Heats first win! :p

I'm hoping though that we'll win by 30, and that Yao will have a monster night. ;)

33 pts, 15 rebounds (5 offensive), 4 blocks

14. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

Based on last year this is a much bigger test than the upcoming Dallas game. Remember when we would win a couple or three, and some lottery team would come to town and just kill us?

This is JVG's big test. Can he get the Rockets to concentrate long enough to beat this weak team? If not, I recommend prescribing ritalin to all the players.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Rox should kill the Heat, but you never know...

Rox 102

Heat 79

16. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

The rockets are the best shooting team in the league. It is not even close.

17. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

Good Luck Post.

Rockets Win!

98 - 83

Steve gets his first Triple double of the year

Yoe 15 & 10

Moochie has more assists than turnovers

18. tothomas

tothomas Member

First real test for JVG. Last few seasons this is the type of game the Rockets lose.

Rockets - 94
    Heat - 74

If both teams play up to potential.

19. droxford

droxford Member

Reasons why the Heat will give is more trouble than we think...
    • In their last 3 games, the Heat played some of the toughest teams in the West and lost by only 10 points or less (two of those games were on the road)
    • All 6 teams they've played so far have been tough teams that made the playoffs last year. We will be the first team for them to play this year that didn't make it to last year's playoffs. That means that we are their first good shot at a victory.
    • We have a history of overlooking 'certain win' games
    • Caron Butler has played a game since his surgery, and is getting the cobwebs out of his knee. After two days of rest/practice, he could give us some trouble.
    • Last year, we did not convincingly win either game:
      - 12/16/02  Heat took us to OT, but we won
      - 2/14/03  Heat win (in Houston)
    I think we'll win because we now have JVG at the helm, but I think this will be a difficult and close game.
    My prediction: Rockets 88, Heat 83.

-- droxford

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.