1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 11/11/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2003.

1. superpro

superpro Member

If you don't understand what "point guard" means, check your dictionary or just watch how Jason Kidd or Baron Davis plays.

Did they pass, yes! A lot. Did they score, a lot.

Are we asking too much to ask out guards to pass at least 5 times to our big man inside, or what? If we don't have any inside presence, I would say, what the heck, let the guards shoot. But we do have a legitimate center which is coveted by most of the other teams in the league.

Right now, I am not blaming Steve or Mobely or Yao here. I think it takes time for them to realize that it is important to find out a way to pass into the big man.

I am just a little frustrated by their inability to pass inside. Steve looked to pass every time but too slow to get it delivered. i think Steve is not quite confident in Yao yet.

I really think we should find a true point guard, free Francis, let him be the shooting. Then Rockets is going to be a great team.

Right now, Rockets' game is simply no fun to watch, though winning. I live in L.A., have no love for Lakers. But to be frank, they are fun to watch, either in a losing or winning way.

You have to execute the game well for people to enjoy. Right now I don't think Rockets' games are well executed. It's like a machine with rust, not smooth, lots of forced plays. Not too much execution, very sporadic.

I do believe a good point guard will help this team very much.

One more thought, putting Francis in a point guard position is a waste of his talents. He could have been a bigger star if he played in the shooting position. Right now he is just so far behind Baron Davis, Jason Kidd, Mike Bibby, even Tony Parker.

2. superpro

superpro Member

Looks to me you still don't get it. I don't care who get how many points. And I do care care about winning but I want Rockets to win it in style.

If they keep playing sporadically, I will lose my interest in this team eventually.

If they play like a well organized team and keep winning like this, we are seeing a championship year.

I subscribed the League Pass and have the opportunity to watch all the teams playing in the league. I think Rockets is far from being a fine tuned team. They are still playing with rust.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

changing the subject from the redundant arguing with those that aren't happy unless Yao takes the shot every time ...

After watching boki, I think that Rudy T. was playing him the correct number of minutes last year.

The guy seems like he has the quickness the shot and all of it, but it doesn't ever happen for the guy. He was getting beat when he was defense last night, he's had one good shooting game, but usually misses most everything he puts up. It's sad because I think he tries hard and works on the court. He has the ability to get around guys and slash to the basket, but the ball doesn't fall for him, and he gets beat on defense too much.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What the hell are you talking about? Me being shortsighted?!

Ok....

Tell me, where in my post did I say Yao will only get 7 shots EVERY GAME for the rest of the season? WHERE?!

What I said is we won, so who cares how many shots he got in that game. No where did I state that he should only have that many every game.

The ball goes into the hands of a player who is hot. Cuttino Mobley was the guy with the hot hand in the Miami game.

So give it a rest. Yao will get his shots. I agree this team better give Yao more shots, but only when the team needs it. If Yao is hot one night and he gets all the shots he wants....then cool. If it's Stevie, then cool....and mobes...and boki...etc.

What I said in my last post is that I am do not care on how many shots a player gets as long as they win! Whether it's Stevie Franchise, Mobes, yao, moochie. As long as the TEAM wins, that is all that matters. ............well maybe not moochie, I don't want to see him take a lot of shots. ;)

5. hulk

hulk Contributing Member

Well, you said "Why would you care if Yao only got 7 shots when the team wins?!!!!!" I was just telling why I care. (Remind you that Yao only took 4 shots before gabarge time) Rocket won the game. Great, but it is not the right way to play the game. We need to play Yao consistently to win over Western powerhouses. Those. who think that we could pass Yao more when the guards' shots do not fall, need to wake up. Rome was not built in a day. You have a game plan (insider-out) and you need to keep executing this game plan. I would rather see a well-executed game plan instead of ONE win. Although we may lose some games at the beginning, we will win it all when big men grow up. The truth is that rockets can win lots of games (Let's say 35) w/o Yao but can't win the rest 10/15 games w/o Yao. If rockets can keep winning it all like last night, I would be happy to take my words back.

I am in ATL and started to watch rockets' game after Yao came to Houston because I thought Rockets could be a contender w/ Yao. Unfortunately I couldn't see it from last game.

We look at things differently because we have different expectations. I am expecting a contender and you are expecting ONE win.

[/QUOTE]
    What I said is we won, so who cares how many shots he got in that game. No where did I state that he should only have that many every game.

The ball goes into the hands of a player who is hot. Cuttino Mobley was the guy with the hot hand in the Miami game.

So give it a rest. Yao will get his shots. I agree this team better give Yao more shots, but only when the team needs it. If Yao is hot one night and he gets all the shots he wants....then cool. If it's Stevie, then cool....and mobes...and boki...etc.

What I said in my last post is that I am do not care on how many shots a player gets as long as they win! Whether it's Stevie Franchise, Mobes, yao, moochie. As long as the TEAM wins, that is all that matters. ............well maybe not moochie, I don't want to see him take a lot of shots. ;)
    [/QUOTE]

6. daRox

daRox Member

Good grief, get along people! Here' the breakdown:

10 Yao-Only fans who blame EVERYONE except Yao (even when we win)

5 Yao haters who think he doesn't have skills

100 constructive criticizers of Yao who are mistaken for Yao haters

200 constructive criticizers of Francis & Mobley who are mistaken for Yao-Only Fans

The remaining 96% of members just point and laugh!

7. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

common sense has entered the forum :)

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, I love Yao as a Rocket. But if the team is winning games, I don't care who had the shots to win it. If we don't win, then ok, there is place for complaining. But if it is a win why care about shots/touches a player might not have gotten? I mean, if it is a win. then that's it. Leave it there. As you said we won't beat the Western Conference teams by only allowing Yao 7 shots, that is most likely true. But if a game turns into a win, don't be upset by a players personal stats. It's all about the win, not matter how you get there.

9. the_ocean_is_bl

look, we all want the rox to win but we don't want to be schizo like last year, where we would win 2 and loss 1 and win 1 and loss 2 with no consistency at all. we don't want to live and die by the jump shot. we want to win in an empirical way where we are able to reproduce almost every night against any team, not just against the bottom dwellers.

10. tannersearle78

I'm hate Yao, Francis, Mobley, Moochie, J Jackson, Pike, Boki, Cato, Van Gundy, and even Ewing.

Screw the team.

I'm a John Amaechi fan all the way. It's just a matter of time. He's going to explode off the bench for 50 points. Do it for the Queen of England, John!

Okay, my jokes suck, but if there's anything that could possibly suck more than my jokes, it's the Miami Heat.

11. whats up

whats up Contributing Member

But they beat Cleveland last night. :)

12. djunior

djunior Member

:D What's more impressed is the fact that too much French Fries can actually make people go drivel. I still like the American Freedom Fries better.:)