1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 10/10/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Oct 10, 2004.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

The fact is Yao is a damn good center in today's NBA, but I just don't see how he could be as dominated as D. Robinson, Dream and Shaq used to be in every game. These guys had great athleticism even in their rookie year, super quick, fast like a guard and had great stamina, they were never tired while running up and down on the court.

But that era is gone, even though Shaq is still there and lost a lot of weight, I doubt he can be as dominated as he was in 3, 4 years ago because of his age. The games are more and more decided by guards and we got T-Mac, one of best guards in the NBA, and Yao is more than enough to be a complement to him.

We should be excited about the new season, I expect two unselfish stars play great team ball. The season should be fun to watch.

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Yao DID look quicker, especially in the first quarter... he was quicker hustling out to pick up the open man on the perimeter on defense, quicker to the basket, as well. Basically, he was noticeably quicker in the half-court.

As others have said, Yao's never going to be a Hakeem where he can just gallop from one end of the court to the other, though. Yao didn't look worn out during the game, and while he didn't play a lot of minutes, let's not forget he was facing Shaq. Overall, I'd say that he has indeed made noticeable conditioning improvements, but nothing that's going to change his game dramatically.

3. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yao might seem quicker, but he sure also slow down quick still. If teams start to run, he's dead basically.

4. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

yao needs to improve his rebounding and outlet passing to get the break going without him having to be so involved in the running...w/tmac im sure there will be many opportunities

didnt catch all of the first quarter but from what i did see yao did an incredible job keeping shaq from getting good post position. he definetly seems stronger in that regard. in fact, yao was getting deeper in the post than shaq halfway through their court time together.

i had reservations about howard and lue but each seemed to fill his respective role very well.

tmac didnt get involved as much as i expected. hard to say how he will look as a rocket from this one game.

on limited minutes, mutumbo had spring. could be a semi defensive monster again.

#264 dugtzu, Oct 11, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Any luck with getting a video up?

6. The Fever

The Fever Member

I was just happy as hell to see a point guard who knows how to run a fast break. C Ward was directing traffic on the break and knows how to find the open man. I saw it more in the first half of last night's game than I saw all of last year.

What a relief!!

7. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Awesome, isnt' it? :D Get used to more of that!

#267 DavidS, Oct 11, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  8. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

bob718, please respond, I can help you to get your video host.

9. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

what happened to the videos, I thought ROX2k was doing something as well?

It ain't that big of a deal -it's still a preseason game- but I would still luv to see the 10 mins of the dynamic duel play together for the first time.

thks in advance to anyone who put in the trouble for us out of towners.

10. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

when is clutch going to update the main page, or did i miss something in here???

11. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

check your mail, I have sent you the links.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

R2K and I talked about it last night working out some bugs hopefully he'll have something up for you guys "somewhere else" soon

13. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

The files bob718 sent me were too big for my server, sorry guys, hopfully R2K can set something up

14. clove

clove Contributing Member

LegendZ:

Use bt. Once we get it started, i'm sure there will be no less than 30 people participating.

15. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Yeah. I want to watch it too!

16. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

no you don't.

17. gucci888

Can anyone help Bob718 out? I know its only preseason but its the Rockets. :)

18. Mooch

Mooch Member

bob718
    email me where i can get them ramting@gmail.com and see if i can host them

19. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

done.

it's about 100MB for each quarter, 400 MB total.

20. gucci888

Any luck with video?