1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 12/20/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2023.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Rockets don't run an offense like GS because they don't have players who can come off screens and catch and shoot like Klay and Steph

This includes Jabari Smith Jr who has never been that type of player at any level as far as I know. And obviously not it in the NBA.

If you're going to Dreamcast a parallel, pick someone who at least his game bears a passing resemblance to. Because he's a lot more like Mychal Thompson than Klay.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Rockets got very lucky with opponent 3pt % over the first 20 games - that luck is running out. #2 defense wasn't sustainable for that reason alone.

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

The Rockets don't run an offense like GS.....they are not allowed to set "extended moving picks" on almost every play. A lot easier to set up shooters when you can do that. And NOBODY gets to do it like GS.

I may be wrong but I don't think you have followed Jabari for very long.....I watched him at Sandy Creek High and at Auburn. Specifically at Auburn he was a catch and shoot scorer. Also, he was a deadly combination with Kessler on the PNR...something that is NOT going to happen very often with the Rockets because there isn't a lot of sharing the ball.

If you could go back 2 and 1/2 years ago and see the undeveloped, skinny kid at Sandy Creek and see the the 220 lbs. he plays at now, you would realize how very very early he is in his PHYSICAL development. Very true statement about one and dones vs. the old 4 or 5 years development in college. There is a learning curve...there just is. Kobe out of high school with a very pedestrian first 2 years. In fact, started 6 games his first year and ONE his second. Even with all that talent...EXPERIENCE is a MUST.

YOLO and gfab-babyboi like this.
  4. VoR

VoR Member

This is the dumbest post I have seen this year. Congrats.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member