1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 12/20/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Just on that one play over and over again. He obviously was not prepared for how to defend against the lob.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You're right!

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I'm still pleased with this season, some tough losses, a win against Dallas on Friday would have me feeling better.

We really need to figure out how to get Jalen going or simply change his role because right now he's not good enough to be a primary scoring option for this team.

BigMaloe, Patience and Roomba like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

You clearly are.

you just don’t know what you’re talking about so it makes sense

AuburnRocket likes this.
  5. SamsonCorletwo

I miss Tari very much all the game and Tate for us is pure burden in the most night
    Timing is clicking for Jalen

6. Patience

Jalen actually looked ok out there tonight, except... he can't shoot a lick. He looks like he's lost confidence in his shot, hope that can come back around.

BigMaloe, ramotadab and Roomba like this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sengun gave all his energy to his girlfriend again?

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t watch them a lot, but from this game it seems like they suffer from a team wide lack of consistency and their best player is sort of a defensive liability, a TRUE liability and not a Steph/Nash type of hideable liability. I don’t think it’s gonna work out for them if the roster remains as constructed.

Also Dejounte Murray is not as dynamic on defense as I remember

ramotadab and Patience like this.
  9. SamFisher

I'm clearly not, I like Jabari Smith junior, he's a great 3rd option on a good team. If he can become an elite volume distance shooter for real - that would be huge.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He always needs to get more shots. His shooting efficiency is one of the best on the team. What makes me want to pull my hair out is seeing Jalen take FAR TOO MANY shots. It's hard to watch. He's one of the worst shooters on the team and taking 26 shots! Ugh. If someone else took half those shots we could have won.

11. Patience

Dejounte Murray plays like he thinks he's Damian Lillard. Sometimes he looks amazing. But he has a lot of Jordan Poole moments that seem to kill his team.

ramotadab, daywalker02 and Roomba like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at capping a player who’s 20 and in their 2nd year breakout. You have no idea what is. And just proving my point thanks.

you really just sat there and acting like oh I know this guy at 20 years old is only a 3rd option for the rest of his career. Hahahahhahahh

Let’s trade for fat boy Zion if folks listened to you

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

It seems to me like Jalen is truly figuring some things out. But the problem is the one thing that he should never have had to worry about, scoring, has vanished.

If he can play like he did today but actually make his shots, we’d literally have nothing to complain about.

But alas, his shots are firing blanks

BigMaloe and Patience like this.
  14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I think you are missing the point.....he is a great 3rd option you say...but, he doesn't have to be a 3rd option....maybe he needs to be better than a 3rd option.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought you were talking about Trae Young.

apollo33 and Patience like this.
  16. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

It's the fourth Quarter and Ime just calls a timeout after a lob and right before it goes to commercial you see Alpi yell "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?"

We know Apli is not stupid or lazy on defense. If he didn't know by the FOURTH QUARTER the coaches should be to blame. Imo

Still Love Ime but come on

17. SamFisher

Other than the DPOY caliber guys like Adebayo - I don't know any recent all stars who aren't skilled creators off the dribble for themselves and especially others.

It's amazing how much more skilled players are at all positions compared to just 15 years ago

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We should be talking more about other people, all I hear is Jalen this Jalen that for someone who is not performing up to standard.

Roomba likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He did, but I also didn't like the strategy. We were conceding the lob far too often to one of the leagues best lob throwers. It didn't make sense.

Roomba, AuburnRocket and DreamShook like this.
  20. Patience

Dejounte and Trae

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.