1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 12/20/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2023.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If he says and does that, we still in phase 1 so no phase 2 bullshit please

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He normally doesn't get lots of shots because he's not good enough to create them himself

Role player

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh can he? Last I’ve seen he’s been sulking. His usage is low bc he’s around other players that are useless if they’re not hitting shots. Jabari is effective no needing the ball. What a surprise

hilarious of all players you’re choosing to hate on its Jabari’s who is having the biggest breakout outside of sengun. Boy are you going to be disappointed with reality

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  4. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

I was about to say this, I think Whitmore is more ready than Amen

ramotadab, PeterKingX and Dredd like this.
  5. SamFisher

You seem like you're enjoying yourself quite a bit and are not even mad at all!

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We’ll have games like this, and it sucks to lose. But the resiliency of this squad is unbelievable! Down 18 with six-ish minutes left and we almost pulled off a win.

I don’t expect a win every night, but I DO expect growth.

I’m glad to see us growing

7. TimDuncanDonaut

Hawks 27th in DEF, but a high variance offensive team. Time ran out as the game ended with their hot run(s). We had a couple near comebacks; I'm not too upset with this loss. Team didn't give up.

ramotadab, Roomba and Deckard like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sure am. I love seeing the rockets future break out. Clearly you don’t. Sucks for you

AuburnRocket likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Official word?

ramotadab likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Don't care what anyone says--I love this team. There are going to be some atrocious quarters. That comes with playing a bunch of 20-22 year olds. But they never give up and always find a way to fight back. I'd rather watch these guys lose than a shot-jacking no-defense team like the Hawks win. Because you know we're building to something great that can legitimately contend to win it all in the playoffs.

Just try to enjoy the ride. There are going to be some ups and downs and we'll probably finish around .500, but the future is bright.

11. conquistador#11

Jabari had himself a game and then some. Should have had more shots down the stretch of the 3rd when the lead was 5 instead of the 2 consecutive rushed shots by FVV.

Sucks fot Alpi, his worst game defensively. He had it rolling to end the 3rd then hippster glasses took out Capela and had #17 come out of nowhere to ambush. Game was lost there. Ime should have matched up after the second lob.

ramotadab and gfab-babyboi like this.
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Fair. They did fight hard. Honestly, after that first quarter this should have been a blowout.

What's the deal with the Hawks? They obviously have a ton of offensive talent, but they don't play like a serious NBA team.

ramotadab and Roomba like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dirk couldn't create shots either.

Creating shots for yourself is not something an all-star player has to have. Many centers need the ball in their spots or they are not effective, that was Shaq for most of his career.

Dirk wasn't creating for himself, Dirk had to play with a good guard or he would not get the ball in his spots.

It's on the Rockets to utilize him better because right now he's being under utilized. Get the ball to him in his spots, get smaller guys on him, run some stuff where you're looking for him for three, he could average 20 a night on efficient shooting but since he's not even an option on offense he doesn't.

Hopefully nights like this will make the team realize that perhaps his role on offense should change.

ramotadab, gfab-babyboi and Easy like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

sengun got absolutely demolished in the 4th.

ramotadab, 34to11 and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No, the Defense was not fine tonight, you got to do more than that.....I admit the Hawks are a handful but you got to stick it to them early in the game....

They sensed as a bird of prey that this game was up for grabs.

As a superior Home court team you got to put the foot down early on and establish who is boss on D.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this guy gets it.gif

ramotadab, Plowman, 34to11 and 2 others like this.
  17. SamFisher

That's the funny part, you're so angry you think I'm hating on him.

I'm just saying it's pretty obvious why this guy has a ceiling that's below star level, he simply doesn't have the offensive elan that is required in today's NBA and is pretty "ok" ish on defense rather than a Brooks caliber guy

I'm glad he had a good game - obviously the best player for Houston tonight.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

um . . . well, you know.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

He clearly doesnt. He’s too busy making threads about trading for a fat slob like Zion

gfab-babyboi and AuburnRocket like this.
  20. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Your ignorance is showing...badly ! If you take away his efforts tonight, would have been a 25-30 pt. ass kicking. And, that's a fact.