1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 11/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Love this guy...although he completely sucks when his shot is off lol.

2. mikster

mikster Rookie

Spot on I wanna see what AB look like if he starts over PBev. I like PBev defence but he can't create and run plays as well as AB/Lin and his defence isn't as tight as it use to be cause he has to watch out for foul trouble.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think Bledsoe is about to start losing some of his minutes to Gerald Green.

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

It's perfectly clear that Harden and Lin both have an essential function in the team. However, the team just showed that also with injuries it just keep rolling. Atlanta is presently the 3rd team in the East!

Anyway, keep in mind that when the playoffs begin, the team has already 82 games of experience. The Heat will not be any different in the playoffs than what they have been in the previous campaigns. The Rockets will obviously be a much better team than what they are today.

5. yummyhawtsauce

lol really? why, because of injury?

Harden yes because he draws the defense, and he is a really great scorer. Lin with his passing ability and similar skills of getting to the rim and drawing the defense as well.

The east is pretty weak right now, so third place atlanta does not mean much. The west however, is crazy strong. The rockets right now have a really deep team that can run and gun well and are resilient. We have a lot of confidence too. It will be interesting and exciting to see how well this team plays again in the playoffs. Was ugly last year at times, but they got the experience and that is what counts.

6. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

So refreshing to see Asik smiling again on the court. 2 instances late last night: when PBev spirit-jumped into Asik as he was heading to the bench, and after Asik's reverse layup And 1 play. Seeing Dwight jumping up after that play was an added bonus.

It's a great sign of team chemistry. I hope the wins and the camaraderie continues.

7. KlutchQT

Yeah, Green has been balling out since Bledsoe went down and it doesn't appear to be a fluke... should be interesting to see how minutes get managed when he's back. Suns really have a lot of scorers. I think they have potential to be dangerous if/when all their guys are hot at the same time. If this season is any indication, that'll probably happen when we play them Wednesday lol.

8. yummyhawtsauce

Oh not bad, I just looked at his stats, but I think Bledsoe will start over him still. The scenario seems similar to the rockets, two starting PGs...yeah the sun's are a lesser version of Rockets

9. KlutchQT

Speaking of camaraderie, I can't believe I forgot to mention this. I strongly suspect Asik asked McHale to put DMo in tonight. DMo was slumped on the bench with his arms crossed most of the 2nd half, especially after Ronnie got put in. He was sitting next to Asik down the stretch and mumbled something to him. Asik patted DMo on his knee in an "it's okay" kind of way, then stood up and walked over to McHale. He said something to McHale, and he immediately put both Asik and DMo in the game.

I usually give the :-/ face to people trying to interpret these types of interactions, but that's 100% what it looked like to me and the people sitting around me. I also really liked that the other guys were obviously trying to give DMo opportunities once he came in. Great group.

10. Neped

Neped Member

Looks like NY is tanking. Just hope they don't get Wiggins, Parker or Randel because I can't stand that team.

11. yummyhawtsauce

lol that's cool. DMO is like a big kid, I wish he got some minutes but there just isn't enough to go around. The team is pretty deep.

12. KlutchQT

I was yelling "FREE DMO!!" most of the 4th, like it was gonna make a difference lol.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

They're not tanking. they just suck :grin:

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

Forgot to mention they have no first round pick this year and it is unprotected...:p

15. pnr

pnr Member

Their pick will go to Denver. :grin:

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

You're kidding right? NY doesnt have any picks 'til 2018.
    No tanking, just plain ol' suckage for decades to come. :p

@KlutchQT, oh no, my bb DMo :(
    I do wish he would get some burn. McHale should've put him in much earlier today.:(

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"Coach Kevin, DMo is not entertained. This is not why he is here."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FsqJFIJ5lLs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

CFs is full of people who just want to vent and rant. So when we lose you have everyone coming out of the woodwork complaining about how Harden is selfish, DH sucks and Asik is great, Mcfail is brainless and Lin doesn't get enough PT. In games we win though these complaints don't have a lot of impact so you don't have guys posting.

Anyway IMHO this reinforces two things:

1. East is horrible, we have no Harden, Howard played 28 mins and we walloped them.
    2. Regular season is more about systems, if you have a good system in place you're gonna romp through the regular season (ie Chicago Bulls getting number 1 seed), but in the playoffs it's all about the players. The stuff the Rox are struggling now is what the other teams will struggle with when they reach the playoffs, it's good that we have problems about Harden and Howard fitting in, the lack off effort and focus etc. now to get it out of the way once playoffs start.

19. deedee82

deedee82 Member

This is quite a surprise statement by virtue of join date. Though having seen the games since the beginning of the season, i must say the experiment of having Bev in to make up for Har_en's DEficiencies hasn't been given enough time to play out.

I'm pretty sure we will continue to allow Lin to come off the bench which might not be a bad thing to allow him to mature into a more seasoned player focused on attacking instead of the weight of being a starter and sharing the rock with our other 2 star players.

As for Brooks, i can only say its hard not to root for him. Animaniacs anyone?

I'm just thankful we have 3 diverse guards at the team's disposal and can mix and match to suit the occasion if McHale can see it within the game, that would be the real awesome.

20. yummyhawtsauce

I agree. The team is good enough to win and beat most teams, a bunch of west teams are tougher but beatable still. Once it hits playoffs, that's when the real gest begins. Less fast break opportunities, less 3 point shooting opportunities. Everything is turned up.