1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/13/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Nick

Nick Member

Somehow, TMac lets nothing stop him on the road... not double teams, not triple teams, not anything.

I know that he gets all the attnetion, and the teammates gotta step up... I was just noticing that he seems a little off on the home games (and the stats don't lie... he averages 4 points less, and 6 of his 8 40 point games have come on the road)

2. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Member

this crowd is downright RIDICULOUS

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

WOW! We have missed 6 FTs now, even Yao missed:eek:

I guess the energy level affects everything else, even your FT shooting %

We need to start putting points in the basket, it is impossible to do ANYTHING in the playoffs if the Rockets look this crappy and become this stagnant everytime a team cracks down on T-Mac defensively.

Seriously, our role players have been in hibernation mode for the past month or so of the season. I don't know what happened to them (collectively speaking).

EDIT: I should add "except for Deke":)

4. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Member

i do agree that he plays better on the road you are right but to say the crowd should boo him is a little out of line. and yes he has the talent to explode through defenses but the crowd really does not help either im almost falling asleep watching a fourth quarter with playoff implications.

5. mirror_image

mirror_image Member

Yao is gradually becoming a blocking machine, he is average more than 3 blocks in last few games, he must have learned something from Mutombo!:D

6. Nick

Nick Member

My gosh these fans are quiet... I've just noticed it much more today than last games.

7. redcapital

redcapital Member

Someone other than Yao pls show up!

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Mike FREAKIN' James and Bob FREAKIN' Sura need to PASS the DANG BALL!:mad:

They just dribble dribble and do dumb stuff out there. They are not taking their spots, they are forcing their shots and the action.

9. bfunw

bfunw Member

Just curious, was Gasol born in Madrid?

10. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Member

i always notice it but wow i thought im wrong for thinking it would change with the season winding down and our team needing support more than ever

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I was very glad to see Yao call for the ball on that last play, but I'm blown away at some of the decisions made by the supporting cast. Some of Mike James' shots have been questionable, Scott Padgett's hail-mary floating pass that turned in to a Posey triple and Sura's drive (and block) just then.

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Again, Yao is just too slow for Gasol inside, but I understand why he has to be in, because otherwise everyone else is a liability on offense.

13. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Bit of breathing space at least, 6 points with under 5 to go. Definately can't afford to relax though. Rocks need to have that killer instinct and finish the job now.

14. redcapital

redcapital Member

Who's guarding miller? :confused:

15. Nick

Nick Member

You guys must have misunderstood me... I said boo him in jest... to make him think he's on the road.

ah, none of it matters... they may squeak this one out, but in the end, they're better off on the road all the time. They also deserve whatever seed they get, because they failed to take advantage of all their home games and games against cellar-dwellers.

16. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

who the hell is defending Miller? Why are we letting this guy go off on us.

Last time a checked we were up 15 . . .

17. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

I am from my computer, wasn't expecting him to have such a good night. :D

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

They are HAMMERING T-Mac on the interior and no calls:mad:

Mike Miller is just hot, no defense will stop him now, we just have to keep scoring, that is it.

P.S.: why does it seem like someone has to have a near career night against us? It seems like it happens too often, or is it just me?:confused:

19. count_dough-ku

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm following the game on Yahoo and the dude is 14-20 for chrissakes! Is he just in a zone or are the Rockets playing piss poor defense?

20. rocketteen

rocketteen Member