1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2013.

1. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

I was talking about the number of turnovers.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It is indeed nice to see that we have some knowledgeable bloggers on here..Pimpn I agree with you, well said J

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The positive thing about this game is they got the Rockets ready for the playoffs. The Grizzlies gave the Rox a little taste how the playoffs are.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets are a half game of 6th.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Whoever we play, we're taking them to 7 games.. I will bet anybody who dispute me!:mad::mad:

6. TheJet

TheJet Member

This response didn't answer either of our points from earlier. Harden hasn't been given the time to learn and develop like the players you mentioned. He also didn't play in D'Antoni's system, which we all know facilitates a play making PG. He was at least a decent defensive player in OKC. Why is he not here? Because he's asked to carry the offense a lot. Why? Because no one else can or does consistently. I'm stoked at Lin's progress since mid season. He's a great complimentary back court player. But he's not Westbrook, Shaq or the other "heralded" players that you mentioned on those championship teams. Not yet. I think he has potential to get even better, but if you're expecting him to average 30 and 10 here on this Rockets team you might want to consider lots of alcohol.

The other poster was right in saying it's pointless to argue this point with you. This post tells me that you clearly think Lin is a better, more clutch player that can carry a team and be dominant on both ends of the floor. After all he did it for an entire two weeks. Nothing wrong with loving a player and hoping he succeeds.

7. TheJet

TheJet Member

Exactly my thoughts. I tend to play devil's advocate a lot but some of the stuff I've seen here has been way over the top.

8. TheJet

TheJet Member

I love Clyde the player and he can be entertaining. But a good broadcaster he's not. He's said some ridiculous stuff about basketball considering how good he was. And the "clubbing baby seals" sealed the deal for me.

9. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Currently reading donaghy's book... The question I have is how does Stern see the Rox right now? Does he want us to exit quietly out of the first round or does he want us to face OKC regardless of which round we meet them in? Last nights game was clearly rigged by the refs... The unexplainable Lin foul handing the ball to harden, harden charge on bayless in transition, no foul on harden on that reversed possession late, and Beverly loose ball foul on Allen. My point is the refs dictated the Grizz win last night. Clearly they want us in the 7th spot and they want the lakers in the tournament so the Rox HAD to lose...

How we get treated by the refs in the first round will be telling as to how the league views us moving forward even into next year.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Watched the game and besides us actually playing 'some' defense, I loved Jones in this game and Harden getting pissed and actually trying was nice to see as well.

11. liunatic

liunatic Member

But guys...So many good take aways from this game. Remember...teams learn a lot more, especially young teams, losing than winning.

In addition, the rebounding trend continues with Greg in the starting lineup and Tjones backing him up - we had the rebounding advantage again 51 to 44.

12. autoprt

autoprt Member

either way it's ok. i just don't want to play the nuggets.

13. Mr Chuck Norris

This game proved that Lin should never get benched in the 4th quarter. The man is clutch

1 person likes this.
  14. nchan

nchan Member

Last night's game was so much fun to watch. It was very intense and physical. Lin was clutch in the 4th quarter. Wish he would play like that every quarters. And yes the last shot was Harden to take. He was open. Too bad, it didn't go in.

15. gengar

gengar Member

Oh ****...you're not a 2012er? Man wtf is going on?

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree with you that its debatable, and that's what we're doing. I don't agree that hitting a couple shots means you're in a zone of some sort and you need to be getting the next shot. I understand that's often the mindset of the basketball player, much as its often the mindset of a gambler who has a streak of good luck.

At the most, we had reason to believe that Lin would have been a little more comfortable and confident taking the shot. So less likely it would be an airball or brick. But we shouldn't overstate it as him being "hot".

17. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

Might not have come from the NBA office this time. The spread was memphis +2 1/2. Could've just been a donaghy style vegas bet. It would be nice if someone actually kept "stats" of NBA referees. I'm sure there is a pattern that exists, but no one wants to take the time to do it because it would be extremely tedious.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What I learned over the years TheJet is a lot of fans don't look at the full picture. They also tends to judge players that they don't like in a bias manner but are unbiased to the players that they do like. Thus critiquing that player that they don't like every move, and try to use examples that are off base to back up their stance. While over looking their players faults.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

In a game like last night I would have liked to see a little of AB, his creativity and speed off the bounce could have helped, even if he played with Lin.

DD

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Cherry-picking the moments where a player hits a few shots and then hits a few more doesn't prove anything, though. If this phenomenon of being "in the zone" really exists, then you'd think it show up in one of Tversky's experiments, which included controlled shooting experiments, looking at players with a reputation from being streaky, and whether the player's shot correlated with the actual player's own expectation of whether it would go in.

Maybe it does exist, but its just relatively rare and so these studies don't pick it up. In that case, again why should anyone assume that Jeremy was "hot" after simply hitting a few shots?