1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2013.

1. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

I normally think most NBA games are reffed well...but we got jobbed tonight. Every call late seemed to go against us and was dead wrong. Horrible job by the refs.
    Saw a lot of good things. We played a tough, physical team in a playoff type game and almost won. Harden was a bit off though I think we may see a lot of that in the playoffs as teams force everyone else to beat us. Lin played great even playing 45 minutes. And of course we were missing Parsons; he would have helped a ton tonight.
    I think we are going to surprise some people come playoff time.

2. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

20 turnovers and many makeable open shots that were missed...thats what lost us the game IMO

3. radd

radd Member

o really
    http://tinyurl.com/d3wr9yq

4. hltiki

hltiki Member

V 3.0 is entitled to his/her opinion too, doesn't mean it's worth much....

u see...

But seriously though, if I needed some insight on the dynamics of a child star in Hollywood, then Lindsey Lohan would be quite a credible source. Likewise, if I wanted some insight on the dynamics of NBA basketball, guess what, Clyde would probably be a better source than anyone on this forum...

just saying...

5. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

C'mon guys. Harden single-handedly outplayed Memphis.

6. wincan459

wincan459 Member

That Stephen Curry person is something different, he just randomly throw up the ball and it keeps falling into the basket. His shots don't even look that pretty, just amazing. And he looks like a school boy, so unthreating.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

about 7 of those 'turnovers' were BS offensive foul calls. and on the same night that LA gets 50-16 FT attempts.

hmmmmm

8. gate470

gate470 Rookie

You're still on this? No one was arguing. I didn't say that Clyde's comment was right, or the truth, nor did I present it as fact. It's completely fine if you don't believe anything Clyde says, that's your opinion, you are entitled to it.

I think you care more about being right than anything else. Since you're much more invested in this than I am, keep saying what you need to say.

9. nono

nono Member

Yeah 14 fts is too less for Harden this game.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Looks like Harden was trying to win this game by his damn self. 7-24 from the field 5-10 from the arc and 11-14 from the free throw line..Wow come on bruh you do have a freaking team. Oh yeah 8 freaking turnovers to only 6 assist.
    Now I do understand the refs were allowing them jokers to play more physical with us and was tic tac fouls on us. But we have to do better with ball movement. When we are moving the ball and not running 90% ISO's, we are a difficult team to beat.

Harden this one is on you and the Coach gets some blame for not sitting your ash down to calm your ash down...

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You call 7-24 out playing someone with 8 turnovers that resulted in 17 points.....Man that was an horrific game by Harden. 29% shooting bruh

12. novaman

novaman Member

so true. The bashing and defending is so similar you could almost just substitute "Harden" for "Lin" in the posts form earlier this season and you have the current arguments

13. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Remember after the all-star break 2Pat and Parsons said the team should play more unselfishly and for a certain player to trust his teammates more?

It's not going 0-4 on the last four shots, it's basically stopping what got you back into the game, not involving your teammates, and just deciding (regardless of what the defense is giving you) that I'm going to take the shot every time down the floor.

#1873 mike_lu, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

NBA been rigged for a long ash time and when that refs wrote that book stating all the games that were fixed, the NBA made sure he did some time and got rid of his ash.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yep that 1st half was horrific (36 pts), a bunch of turnovers, terrible defense, no ball movement, etc etc......

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing just the other day.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Can we stop misreading people comments. That is not what the OP said ,,,,,,wow off the chains

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Okkkk now whats your input about the game itself. Looks like you are feeding into the nonsense too...Dont like it then ignore it..I had to learn that as well.

18. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lin/Harden

47 points (12-37 fgs, 32%. 16-20 fts, 7-15 3pt fgs, 46%), 12 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 steals, 12 turnovers , 3 blocks

Rest of the team:

31 points (11-37 fgs, 29%. 5-8 fts, 4-17 3pt fgs, 23%), 39 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, 8 turnovers, 5 blocks

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

TheJet exactly pimpn

20. VanityHalfBlack

Someone slacking on the highlights, I know it's a lost but at least we wanna see how the Rockets held their own in a playoff game atmosphere.. Where are my highlights!!!!