1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Damn I wish I had tickets to this game

2. QuaDouble

QuaDouble Member

You don't build a winner by being scared of early round matchups. Play to win, play without fear, and expect to beat whoever comes in the playoffs.

That's the only way you can.

1 person likes this.
  3. sergio

sergio Member

We ain't the Spurs people. Our young players need to play every game hard and gain experience and chemistry. We must win out the season and go into the playoffs with confidence. Lol to those who think we should rest our baby Rockets.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Backcourt that can play D. Check
    Frontcourt that can D and post up. Check

Not looking too good guys. I'm hoping for a win because our team's been pretty good as of late, but these are some bad factors that I just listed.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

How about Harden interrupted offensive flow by stat pading and was lazy on D?:grin:

6. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

gsw lost so if we win 6th seed is officiall ours! hell yeah!
    [​IMG]

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Denver in the Playoffs would NOT be good....

Harden vs Denver this season

21-55 FG 38%
    3-16 3PT FG 19%
    22 Turnovers (5.5 per game average)

We don't want Denver!

8. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

we ran them off the court last them they were in Houston, granted that was when they still had Rudy Gay, but still.. I think we can beat them when things go our way. I think last time the problem was a lot of random fouls slowed the pace into their liking. try to avoid that and we'll be fine.

9. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Iggy is Hardon's cryponite, that's why we struggle so bad against them. We also struggle with Manimal.

I still prefer facing them over the Spurs. Spurs are much better in the playoffs, and they rested Duncan a lot during the season. Looks like Parker will be back in time. Parker kills us, even pesky Bev can't slow him down.

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

The Spurs are a veteran team with probably the best coach in the NBA, but Denver still scares me more. Rockets at least have youth on their side vs the aging Spurs, maybe a shot at outpacing and outrunning them.

Denver is just as athletic as the Rockets and can run with us all game, not to mention the altitude advantage they have on their home court; they have best home court record in the NBA.

All that combined with the fact Iggy owns Harden does not bode well.

11. verysimplejason

win = 6th seed, Nuggets...
    lose = Spurs

Let's play with all our backups.

12. Star

Star Member

As long we are not facing OKC in the playoffs, I am fine.

Even if it is a 0-4 swept in the first round, I would rather lose to Spurs and Nuggets than the fraud Thunder team.

13. Luca

Luca Member

I don't think Beverly can stop Parker.

14. verysimplejason

nobody can... completely... you only hope lessen his impact. You have to rely on team defense in order to stop him or at least tire him. That's why you always let them work as much as you can for each every shot and possession. For me that's the D we are looking for.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Tough to gauge this game because Grizzlies need this game more than the Rockets, but the Rockets don't want to let off the gas pedal. If crowd is energized and full, we will win, but if seats outnumber fans, lose.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Please lose this! We want the Spurs, NOT Nuggets!!!!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

D
    I
    T
    T
    O

DD

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

HAVE A LITTLE TRUST IN OUR SUPERSTAR GODAMN!! he will adapt...it's the Beard!

19. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

GS coming of a back to back and having to play in LA. I'm giving that one to LA. Then Den in Dallas. I see Nuggets winning that one. My gut says we end up with the 6th and Denver gets the 3rd seed.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yeah lose this and risk giving up the 7th seed to the Lakers with this type of mentality.

I am against choosing a preferred opponent in the 1st round and purposely losing games to achieve it because this strategy tends to haunt teams in the end.

The main goal for this season was to make the playoffs. It doesn't matter who we face as long as we stay on our goal and that is to gain that priceless playoff experience.

If you were expecting more from a team(youngest and most inexperienced in the league) that was just essentially formed this season, then that's just being greedy. We all want to win of course. We all want this team to win championships. But lets not lose touch with reality here. ;)