1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Beard

Beard Member

Parsons might be out again according to friedman...how serious is this thing?!

2. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Can't believe I'm saying this, but lets lose avoid Nuggets at all cost.

I wouldn't mind losing to Grizzlies and Lakers if it meant to avoid Denver. As for Kings I doubt we lose that one

3. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Sorry, I don't have Twitter. Can you post the link or embed the Twit?

I thought Parsons said in the NBA Interview thread that his rehab has been going well yesterday and today.

4. Arthurprescott2

Let's not get crushed this time.

Also whatever is necessary to avoid DEN should happen.

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

i have no problem with mchale resting harden

6. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Tanking? That's a loser's mentality. Play to win the game.....why is everyone afraid of Houston playing Denver?

1 person likes this.
  7. just a word

just a word Member

I don't want the Rockets to have a chance of meeting with Denver. I'm perfectly fine with Rockets losing and making sure Memphis has a chance at 3rd.

8. rocketfaithful

This might sound rediculous but I had a similar injury about a year ago. My calf "siezed up" like he described. It took almost two weeks for me to be healed. So don't epect him back until some time next week

9. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

0-4 enough said
    Did you see the Spurs game last night?? Gallo and Lawson have not affected them

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think if we want to play the Spurs, it's pretty easy to do. If OKC beat Warriors tonight, it almost guaranteed that they're going to be #1 seed and Spurs #2 based on the schedule. So, all Rockets have to do is tank as much as possible to stay at #7. If we want #6, just play and try to win the rest of the games and i think we will get #6 if we play to win them all.

Of course if Rockets choose to tank, Jazz is going to be upset because they're trying to catch the Lakers for the 8th spot. If Houston tank their last game against LA, Lakers will definitely been in the Playoffs.

IMO, we should play Spurs because Denver play a similar game like our and with better athleticism. They actually beat us playing our game the other days.

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Because anything we can do, they can do better. Nuggets are basically what we would be if steroids were allowed in the NBA.

12. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

I see what the (majority) of the fans think...I guess I'm in the minority, but I just do not think tanking is way to go despite the logical reasoning.

Frankly, I do not care who Houston plays in Round 1. Whoopee. Can't wait!

13. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Id say they continue to push 6th. Denver is probably still in a state of shock and running on fumes without gallo and lawson. They are probably overachieving and will definitely miss these two pieces come playoff time.

14. wapz

wapz Member

im okay with rockets making a statement against memphis since that last loss.

but the dubs, most likely will lose tonight against okc soo... id rather stick with the spurs than denver but then again, i hate seeing us lose so what the heck, fight hard team!

15. NotChandlerParsons

Word man. Not only are we going to the playoffs, no matter what the seeding is we are going to play a team that is not at full strength. Us Rockets fans are pretty lucky this year.

16. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Now we're talking...

17. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

So I see Chandler Parsons is on Clutch Fans :grin:

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

D
    I see dumb and dumber on this thread.

Perhaps we will have an epiphany and finally develop a decent transition D. Somehow 78 games played tell me the we will not.

19. HL3

HL3 Member

Our odds of getting out of the first round are slim anyway but if we want a chance then Spurs are our best shot. I wouldn't mind losing to the Grizzlies.

However, we should beat the Lakers, if for no other reason than signing Dwight.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Stay healthy for the playoffs.