1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/5/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

prediction.. Scola will start tonight.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Prediction: Same starting 5 as the first 18 games... unfortunately.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Wild prediction/prayer: One of the Rockets key reserves (Francis, James, Wells, Scola) will have their best game of the season.

4. trustme

trustme Member

4th quarter, 3 seconds to go Rockets 97 Grizzlies 98.
    T-Mac passes to Shane for game winning 3 from the wing. Deja Vu.

5. Riz

Riz Member

To get more out of Francis, Francis needs to START EVERY GAME!!!!! :mad:

I like Rafer I was never against him, he brings play making skills to our roster and our starting lineup but he will be happy to even come off of bench and still provide us with what he does but SF is not the same he is an emotional player he will play better even like how he used to if he STARTS and gets close to 28 mins! We need offense in our starting lineup which we severely lack with Rafer, Battier and Hayes. To be very effective or effective at all offensively we need that third scorer to play alongside Yao and Tmac through out the game, starting first half and second half!! and YES I do believe SF can be our third scorer if he is given more minutes and a starting position! and as we all know to go along with his offense, penetration he mainly brings Energy, Excitement, and Toughness not just to the fans but to his teammates also!!

I know all this sounds pretty obvious but my main point is that he needs to start and given at least 28 mins per game!

You know... when we started this season I told myself and told one of my friend that this season we should average at least 107ppg and to be honest I know our team is still adjusting to the new offense so I am not as upset as I wanna be BUT I still think by the end of this season we should average between 105-107 ppg and to do that we all know which players needs to get more minutes.

Go Steve! Go Rocks! I'm by your side no matter what!!

#105 Riz, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  6. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Something needs to happen, we have way too many non-scorers in the starting lineup.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

That is obvious to everyone. Other teams don't even guard Rafer or Hayes. Why, why, why are they starting?

8. tigernet

tigernet Member

link? thanks

9. CM713

CM713 Member

Yea, anyone have any links. The ones I am using aren't working out for me today. Thanks.

10. tmacformvp07

tmacformvp07 Member

ya hook me up with the links too i really wanna watch this game

although i should be studying for my exams.

:p :p

11. thech0senone

thech0senone Member

**** the rockets, they need to trade hayes cuz landry is built like him but plays better, he can actually shoot!! trade yao or tmac, yoa just sucks and falls too easy all the talk in the summer about how he wants to dominate is BS!!! Tmac just aint like kobe, wade, mello or lebron, when you watch them with the ball you worry how they score with tmac its all jump shots trade rafer nikka cant shoot worth S***...let aaron brooks novak head develope and get new superstars yao just f****** annoying to watch

12. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

oh dear...

13. CM713

CM713 Member

Bad day, huh?

14. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

last game, IIRC was very over-zealously officiated. generally this means yao is in foul trouble, although last time this was not the case.

we can expect memphis to: shoot 50% or better, turn the ball over a sh!tload, and not be able to guard yao or tmac.

if we play efficiently (limit TO and improve FG%) and defend to half of our ability, then this is a win in the bag. somehow this team still proves a tough matchup, probably because of gay's chip on his shoulder.

15. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

:rolleyes:

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

ITS TIME to beat Memphis!~

17. tigernet

tigernet Member

it is a strange day, no one try to post a link. Maybe they were threated by not posting link for other fans.

18. tigernet

tigernet Member

19. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

It's still early, i suppose.

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Anyone knows the official starting line-up for tonight?

If it's the same one as last year and the first 18 games then we can expect no change from this coaching staff this season :confused: