1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/31/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

As I have pointed out multiple times, the current bench was randomly generated in NBA2K. "Gary Clark" never existed until this offseason. All memories and records of his existence prior to this summer were implanted by the Illuminati.

"Brandon Knight" is the re-animated corpse of the real Brandon Knight, who died 2 years ago.

"Vince Edwards" is a hologram. This is why he never plays. When you pass him the ball, he gets exposed as the ball goes right through him.

bmelo, DreamShook, BasketMAD and 5 others like this.
  2. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

“Curry was hurt” “Thompson is in a slump” “green hasn’t been the same” “curry and Durant are still way better than harden”

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. threepointshot3

Memphis has incredibly gifted defenders like Green and few others with length

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t blame him for losing trust in the bench in this particular game, they were hemorrhaging points

the only one capable of scoring without Harden on the floor was Austin Rivers...Harden set up 4 of GG’s 6 threes, and Knight dropped 1 point...no one else off the bench scored

they weren’t getting stops, and they couldn’t score without Harden on the floor

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Put some gawd damn respect on Ennis' name! You guys just want to hate him. Ennis, when he comes back is going to make this team stronger. The bench will have another 3 point energy guy.. yule c.

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like even if that happens the media will be like “The Rockets are always finding diamonds in the rough!! Harden is overrated #number7”

And then they’ll praise Curry for not giving up on his team even with all the “drama”

But we’ll know the truth...

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

#EnnisClubber

D-rock and ramotadab like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Let's all just make this clear right now:

WHEN HARDEN IS NOT IN THE GAME, EVERYONE IS THE BENCH. EVERYONE NOT HARDEN IS THE BENCH

Stop looking at the "bench" numbers.. Harden is literally the offense when he is out there. Everyone not Harden is the bench.

bmelo, heypartner, ramotadab and 5 others like this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I blame MDA 100% he needs to show more trust because he will have to do it in the playoffs. He better do it now.

hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree that he needs to, but I’ll hold it more against him when the team is fully healthy...as it is right now minus CP3 and EG, he can afford to keep Harden off the floor for only so long

I did not trust that group that was out there minus Harden in the 2nd half...Memphis was having their way with them

D-rock, ramotadab and HP3 like this.
  11. Mr. Space City

in one way i love what harden is doing but in another way i hate that he's gonna lose the mvp again while doing this and it's gonna piss me off.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Great win!!

Happy New Year!!!

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Great win!!

Happy New Year!!!

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Man for real though, even though they may not have played the way we wanted them to tonight, shout out to Danuel and Rivers. Biggest additions for our team. Also, I think its time we let Gary get some burn now. Tucker is still amazing defensively but his shot has gone cold, might as well put Gary out there since he will probably give us the same on offense(jk Gary you awesome).

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. riko

riko Member

I think house has established himself as the full time starter at SF

#577 riko, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    hakeem94, ramotadab and jcmoon like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. riko

riko Member

Memphis really cranked up there ball denial defense and started doubling harden on the ball and sometimes even off the ball forcing anyone but to beat them.It almost worked . That’s why a healthy Chris is paramount to help Harden
    dude is doing this with opposing defenses fully focused on him . It’s just crazy

20. Mr. Space City