1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2014.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Great win. McHale has rightfully been criticized for mistakes in the past, but deserves credit for how well the team is playing despite injuries.

The great thing about this win was the monster defensive effort. Yes Tarik Black and Dorsey had better games than expected, but none of it looked like something they couldn't duplicate or even improve on. It's much more encouraging to me to see a blowout this way, than because we shot an insane 3pt %, or some one unexpected went off for an insane scoring night, because it's more likely to be sustainable.

2. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

All-around great team win.

3. SilentAssassin

Some funny comments from the Gizzlies board:

If Howard doesn't play, I don't see any chance for them (of course, still gotta play 'em). Even with him they match up poorly with the Grizzlies.

That is some god-awful big man depth they have behind Howard. It's gonna kill them in the playoffs if they don't do something about it.

I'm still shocked that scrubs like Tarik Black and Joey Dorsey are on NBA rosters and actually getting minutes despite the fact that neither has any NBA level talent.

Even if Howard plays, this is going to be a beatdown. The Rockets already had the least amount of depth among the "contending" teams and they won't have their point guards or possibly Howard tonight. I expect the Rockets starters to hang tight at first, but our bench will knock them out of the game. I am really eager to see us play a top squad like Golden State, San Antonio, OKC or Dallas at full strength to see how we stack up.
    then later...

Koufos getting slapped by Dorsey

Getting schooled by Joey Dorsey..........

Tarik Black, really?

Black and Dorsey>Marc and ZBo tonight

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

There garbage was considerably better than ours though.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Our garbage is playing their last 3 are in suits.

DD

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The team deserves huge credit for winning this game against one of the best teams while we were so shorthanded. D-Mo played great, Black, and Dorsey both stepped up exactly when we needed them.

I haven't been the biggest fan of McHales coaching decisions all the time, but he definitely deserves credit for how well this team is responding with all of our injuries.

On paper looking at our reserves we should be in real trouble even if the rest of the team is healthy. But having guys like Terry, and Black starting games and getting major minutes as the Rockets are still winning is a feather in coach's cap.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

Our bench was better than their (not there) starters

8. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

i like that Dmo, Black, Dorsey refrained from stupid fouls. Esp as physical as their big men like to play. i thought Black was gonna contribute this way from the season's start, but he hasnt, til last night.

what i like is that when Dmo gets fed the ball in the post. he goes to work immediately.

Whereas Dwight seems to hold the ball and wait for the defense to react to him having it. If he made his move ASAP, defense has no choice but to let him score easily, or foul him (foul trouble).

9. HookemHorns1250

Amazing win. All there is to it. I don't think the league realizes how dangerous this Rockets team is. They'll find out soon enough.

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Can't wait for the 3 starters and Canaan to get back so that we never ever have to see Joey, Garcia, Troy D (I can't hit a shot to save my life after being clutch).

Now a bench of Dmo, Black, The real JET, Papa, and Canaan makes me feel real confident right now. Best thing that could have happen to us early in the season.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

props to our boyz in red :(

12. PeppermintCandy

Good to hear. I'm not expecting a whole lot out of him this season either. But I was intrigued because he seems to know how to push the pace and has pretty good court awareness and passing instincts for a rookie. Better than I expected, atleast.

Canaan is more offensively potent - like a mini-Harden out there sometimes - but he doesn't really look to get others involved, I think. Could be why Black and Dorsey suddenly appear a little more active with Canaan out and Johnson in. Just a theory.