1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/3/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2005.

1. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Funny how you don't mention anyone else's play out there BUT Yao's right?

BTW, keep saying Dang'ol. It's entertaining and makes you sound like a damn hick. ;)

#381 dafatha00, Dec 4, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  2. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

It's hard for me to single out the fault on any of these players tonight since they all played poorly so I'll just say that this was a true team loss with excessive turnovers and poor defense being the main culprits.

3. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

man that was on our turf...that hurts even more.

3 things I find wrong with the current Rockets:

1. Lack of offensive spacing - Seems like when we swing the ball, the defenders are right there...every time.

2. What happened to our defensive stops - I know we are among the leaders in the league in opp. FG%, but what good is that if we can't get stops when we need them.

3. Teamwork, Teamwork, Teamwork...I'm sick of it - So Van Gundy wanted a non-selfish team that shares the ball and looks for easy scoring. Well this team may be a little too unselfish, which puts too much burden on Yao & T-Mac. We need a Mike James [aka. 3rd scorer] to take some of that pressure off.

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

5. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

"You vill CHOO your gum und you vill LUFF it!" :D

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

7. rocketsmetalspd

Battier came off the weak side to block that shot and Yao look like he had slip on his way up or something. It is not like he was right in front of Yao and blocked the shot.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's always like this whenever the Rockets start losing. Overly inflated expectations tend to cause that reaction...

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Booooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Again, those are the players he wanted. I don't even mention Chalie Ward, Ron Strickland, etc.

JVG loves OLD players.

11. HillBoy

Yeah, fat chance of THAT happening. As I've posted before, this will keep happening until a change is made at the top of this organization and Uncle Les hires someone who actually knows how to put together a championship team. Until that happens, the Rockets will continue to spin their wheels.

12. HillBoy

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Cuban has finally found religion. He's no longer on the "spend your way to a championship" bandwagon.

13. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I was at the game also and T-Mac was horrendous. He was definitely not himself. I have never seen T-Mac NOT demand the ball and not attempt to beat his man off the dribble. Aside from a few slaps at the ball to get steals, he did nothing. Its obvious that he is in pain and back is stiff again. They need to sit him and not risk him long term.

Poor, Yao he was the only one who showed up to play. Bowen gave 100% effort but unfortunately can't score unless its a layup.

14. HillBoy

You just may be right. There are so few really good men being developed that have actual post games that not all teams can have a true center. This has been going on for quite sometime now and the new zone D rules have only served to exacerbate the situation. Faced with this reality, teams have gone to what you call a "crossover" player and have moved away from playing a traditional low post center. I tend to feel that having an actual big man at center who can really play is a real advantage if he's properly utilized. Unfortunately for Yao & the Rockets, that's not what happening right now...

15. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Just watched the Tivo replay.....ugggh :confused:

I'm sitting there thinking that this team is far worse than our playoff team last year, a team that had no Howard. So what's the difference?

** first of all, we must have a healthy TMac, which he is not. Without him dominating game in and game out, we have no shot.. We gave up a lot to get him and have too many deficiencies that he o/w covers up.

** we're missing a "glue player" - Sura. He was a big guard who impacted the game with his toughness, rebounding and will. Even on a bum knee, he was an asset and no one has stepped up to fill his role. Head may be that guy, but he's green.

** Wesley is officially over the hill...what the hell is he doing running the point? All is does is walk the ball up court and throw an entry pass. He can't break down defenses, can't defend, can't shoot, and is a net negative on the floor. Time to move Luther to PG and let him learn the position.

** Barry, other than opening night, has been a liability. Like Wesley, he's lost another step. Unless he's bombing 3's, he's no asset.

** Swift may have a lower bball IQ than anyone I can remember. He has no basketball sense and is lost beyond dunk range. What a waste of physical assets. I'm not sure even JVG can salvage him. Boy was I wrong about what I thought he could bring....

I'm not ready to villify JVG quite yet. What he did with last year's bunch - 51-31, was masterful!! He proved to me that he can coach and that he can motivate. The whole was far better than the sum of the parts. Until TMac is healthy, all bets are off.

Just my thoughts.... damn, this is hard to watch!

D R

16. abiko

abiko Member

As I said, let's blame yao, all the games, every game.

One can only be stupid to think a 6'8" can't block a 7'6". Do you know how high can Yao jump vs. most of his opps?

17. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Thank you for reading my mind. Very well said.

18. stro4swift

stro4swift Contributing Member

I just dreamed that Sura came back from his injury and scored 40+ pts...hope this would come true :rolleyes:

19. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I dreamed we got DEEZ NUTZ in a sign and trade with ATL

20. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Most of this goes to whether we have the personel to execute and right now I just don't think we have the players to do that. Our veterans are too injured and slow and our younger athletic players aren't bright enough.