1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/26/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2013.

1. clutz

clutz Member

His aggressiveness is definitely a legitimate weapon. His acting skills are more a manipulation of the game that I wish weren't as effective as it is. Clever, to be sure, and he's certainly not the only one -- but he might be the foremost practitioner.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

That pass to Dmo was great as well.

3. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

But Asik does it because he forgets he's 7 foot tall and has the ability to dunk it.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The team was winded. Second night of a back to back. Foul trouble and injury forced McHale into rotation changes that benefited the team. DMo brought size and energy. Who knows, though? The next time he gets minutes could be a month from now, given the coach's lack of discipline in his rotations. McHale should give the kid a stretch run and see what happens if he gets a little consistency and confidence.

5. clutz

clutz Member

I agree he's usually more fun to watch that way, provided he's not consuming vast amounts of shot clock in iso mode.

6. bongman

bongman Member

Let me guess, your not here for the Rockets huh?

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If you are implying that Harden acted in all his trips to the free throw line, instead of being an elite dribble penetration threat and an aggressive tendency to attack the basket, then by all means you are free to conclude that Harden relies on flopping to score.

8. clutz

clutz Member

Oh, I am. Usually lurk, only post now and then. Great comeback win and enjoyed watching D-Mo get off the bench (and Howard enthusiastically cheering on), among other things. I'm not the biggest fan of Harden's game (as in his style, not his ability/skill level), but I'm glad he's on our side.

9. LLDD117

LLDD117 Member

JLin7's enemy is his injury, he was proved clearly a legit NBA starting PG while ago, Beverly isn't somebody he should be worried about.

10. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

any highlights yet? I missed the entire 4th quarter.

11. clutz

clutz Member

Nope, not implying that. I agree with you on both points and also believe he's aided by his tremendous acting ability.

12. clutz

clutz Member

"Crutch" earlier was probably a poor choice of words. I meant more that the officials don't always go for Harden's jerks and flails when he's struggling, and then his ugly game looks just ugly, instead of ugly and brilliantly effective.

13. craguin

craguin Member

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Can't believe some people are actually whining about harden shooting a bunch of free throws lol. He had a rough shooting night and attacked the rim relentlessly. What else would you want him to do?? He got some great shots for Lin in the 4th as well. Randolph made me LOL with those comments, the refs took our best player out of the game for the whole second half off some BS fouls.

I wasn't surprised when we came out looking like crap, as it's our typical let down game. But I'm happy we pulled out the win. The best teams in the league can win even when they're not playing hard, they just turn it on at the end and win. Not saying I like the style, but I'm glad we at least "turned it on" and played a portion of the game giving 100% effort. DMo had a good game and sparked a great run.

Fun times to be a rockets fan!

15. clutz

clutz Member

Didn't mean to come off so negative. I'm glad Harden continued to attack, as he should have. This was just an unusual game, and I think things I like less about Harden's game stuck out more than they usually do.

Hope we get another win heading into the big OKC game!

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

tweet him

17. SugarLandDream8

hopefully a few more games like tonight and DMo will get some PT and wont want ask to be traded anymore. He's definitely worth keeping.

Asik too. He's good. Hopefully there is a way to convince him to stay and be the best back up center in the league.

18. quizone

quizone Member

They can not afford themselves?

19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

20. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Exactly. Harden determined to take the ball in and not take step back jumpers is great for Rockets basketball.