1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/26/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2013.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Yeah I wouldn't mind DMo getting some of Casspi's minutes.

2. sun12

sun12 Member

Dwight has had a back problem since the Orlando days. too much muscle

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yep Tony Allen is a chump.THE SAME GUY WIDELY REGARDED AS THE BEST PERIMETER DEFENDER in the NBA.

4. pnr

pnr Member

I'm getting really worried about our harder schedule in February. Morey needs to make a trade in Feb to get us backups for Parsons and Harden because they are going to burn out before the playoffs start at this rate.

5. trock

trock Member

It would be nice if DMo can give us quality minutes at center. I don't really like T Jones there.

6. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Yeah.. DMo is a 7 footer with a 3pt shot. I just think he's not had enough playing time to really get into an equilibrium where he isn't totally lost in the team's offensive or defensive schemes. But the way Casspi (Garcia) are playing, in certain situations I definitely wouldn't mind DMo getting some burn.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, played so well. He was playing so disciplined, just putting his hands straight up and moving his feet. I am really proud of him. Hopefully he realizes that defense is what will earn him minutes.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets">@ca_rockets</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/RocketsPR">@RocketsPR</a>, James Harden became first player in NBA history to score at least 27 points on 2 made FG or less (22-25 FT)</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/416432435979493377">December 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Um I think Paul George took that title this year but I feel you.

10. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Tony ALlen is a great defensive player, but i wouldn't put him in the same level or category as Paul George or Lebron James. those are longer players tat give Harden more trouble. It's been evident with the game with Indiana and when Lebron shut down Harden in the NBA finals 2 years ago.

I don't know if you understand or not what we're are talking about. this isn't to diss Harden. He's a great Player, but he can always improve and adjust to the competition scheme's to shut him down. That is what competition is about adjustments and getting better.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Greg Smith needs to come back if not Asik.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Harden can be a streaky shooter, when his shot is off, it can be a lot of misses. He doesn't struggle in the playoffs, his shot went completely cold in that miami series, but his shot has certainly gone cold against far lesser opponents than Lebron (and likewise, he burned them for ridiculous numbers last season, because his shot was on). This idea that you don't get call in the playoffs is about 10 years out of date as well, just about every player (stars especially) get more calls, not less in the playoffs, non calls is mostly a product of inexperienced refs, and they don't get playoff games.

13. lin00

lin00 Member

Not going to be on Rocket's uniform though. Given all the injuries and Lin's play, I think Lin most likely will play out his contract and move on. It will be a big risk for Rockets to trade him too soon for contract point of view.

14. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

In some earlier games, I thought he played some very decent PnR defense. With his length, and some better effort, he might be able to really add to the team's help defense.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We will see about Paul George when they play again. Can't base things off one season game.

16. tonman

tonman Member

and you know it's from a LOF???

the reason harden did well is BECAUSE he was the facilitator in the 4th quarter instead of saying he's going to put it on his shoulders and take all the shots. the question is why doesn't he do this for every quarter? with the amount of time the ball is in his hands, he would have PGs assist averages.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It had more to do with how Martin would throw himself into the defender while the defender was going straight up. That **** was always annoying to me, glad they go rid of that silliness for the most part. There is nothing wrong with baiting the defender into fouling you by extending your arms out.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

When Harden's shot is on, you want him shooting. When it's off, well, 2-8 can become 2-14 in a hurry.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

At least Harden is putting his body on the line driving into the paint all day

20. trock

trock Member

I would love to see Asik, as he could make this team really scary, but I'm assuming we'll never see him play again in a Rockets jersey. If DMo can bring the kind of energy on the defense like he did tonight, he brings something different to the table than Greg Smith which can be very entertaining.