1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/26/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2013.

1. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I'm starting to get more nervous about a loss playing against horrid teams, rather than playing against good teams.

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

jon leuer is their secret weapon..

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Last time we won in San Antonio we followed it up with our worst effort of the season.

I hope they learned their lesson, but I'm not expecting it.

4. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Last 8 games L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W. Time to put a stop to that patent!

5. Robjos

Robjos Member

patern****** just saying lol:grin:

6. craguin

craguin Member

I don't know what's going on with Cisco, but 7 out of the last 10 games he has been shooting poorly. We probably would have won some of those games (Kings, Mavs) if we had more consistent bench scoring.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

This is old man. It happened when pbev broke his hand.

8. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I know what you mean. I was very grateful when Garcia signed with us for peanuts. I was hoping he would play somewhere below how he performed against OKC during last year's playoffs. He did really well in the pre-season but so far except a few games his 3 point shots is lacking. Really missed Delfino.

9. valorita

valorita Member

Garcia has been horrid on offense and defense. At this point I'd play covington before poopcisco

10. NotChandlerParsons

He's been playing poorly for 29 of the last 29 games IMO. (okay he probably had one or two ones where he poured it on but he's been so bad I can't even remember them).

11. basketballholic

What I'm watching for:

Will we duplicate the chemistry recipe from last night?

That recipe being Lin early and Harden late. Harden let Lin run the show to begin the game yesterday. Lin lit it up, shot well, dished, and then he turned around and D'd up on Parker. And then down the stretch after Lin took all the energy out of the Spurs, Harden pours it on. Those last 2 or 3 jumpers by Duncan clanked the rim and then Bonner or somebody else missed everything. I knew when I saw that the game was over, the Spurs legs were gone and they were dead.

I cannot understate the importance of that formula, getting Lin off early, Harden conserving energy, hanging out on the wing, letting the play come to him, getting rid of the ball and getting Lin and Parsons going early. I sincerely believe this team took a huge step last night. And I hope they follow through on that step tonight by replicating the game scheme. Probably won't replicate the performance on the back end of back-to-back games. But if they give the ball to Lin early and let him run Memphis ragged and then Lin locks down on Conley like he did Parker and then they go to Harden in the 4th...that will tell me something.

12. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

2 IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Haddadi :eek:

14. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

If the Rockets have 20 assists the game is in the bag...if theres sticky fingers tonight then the Rockets are screwed. Memphis is a great defensive team so iso will be less effective against them than the Spurs. Tony Allen tends to want to shut Harden down but if we get Lin and Parsons hot then theres a chance to win.

15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Haddiddidaddi
    we like to parti
    dancin with miley...

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If the Rockets stay the course following the trend of back to backs so far this season, the Rockets have followed up a good win with a bad loss, and a bad loss with a blowout win the next night. I really hope for this not to be the case, and hopefully someone brings this to their attention. They should really focus on playing team bball like last night. The score might not be too high, but if they work inside out and just knock down timely threes, the Rockets should win.
    Go Rockets!

17. Chris Jent MVP

Hopefully Lin lights it up tonight!

Let's go Lincredible!!

18. Verdad

Verdad Rookie

Interesting

19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Don't care if we win or lose, as long as Lin is utilized correctly and plays well i'm happy.

20. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please Rockets Please beat a team your suppose to beat :(