1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 11/22/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2023.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Oh yes the California massacre. Don’t remind me please lololol

clos4life, evo8lover and Xerobull like this.
  2. VanityHalfBlack

Cutting Mobley 2.0?

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Terrific performance by a quickly maturing scrappy young team of talented and exciting hustlers. I know I’m excited to see what the future brings for these gutsy scrappy young players.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its good that we were playing Memphis last night given Sengun, Brooks and FVV had sub-par games.
    We were fortunate to gain control of it in the second half.

5. j@amc

j@amc Member

Typically, since the James Harden years, the Rockets seem to run out of fuel at the end of games. For years, our energy level, shooting, and defense have faded down the stretch. This Memphis game shows that we're in a new era.

37 points 4th quarter points on 14-22 shooting. 7 assists. Zero turnovers. Held the Grizzlies to 24% shooting (6-25).

On the whole, Udoka is doing a good job balancing minutes. The team seems stronger down the stretch (except VanVleet who is playing too many in my book. Get well Amen Thompson).

If the Rockets can figure out how to cut out some fouling (or get the refs to take a break on all the whistle-blowing), they could really be a problem. If Memphis hadn't found 9 FT in the 4th, they would have hardly scored.

quikkag, albuster, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It wasn't a huge thing, but when Green was cooking in the 2nd half, twice FVV brought the ball up and almost demanded that Jalen come get the ball instead of going into their normal sets.

I don't know what issues he had in Toronto last year, but he's been an absolute perfect floor general even if his action around the rim has been pretty terrible.

MadMax, joshuaao, Patience and 10 others like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Veteran players don't want to work as hard as FVV I am sure that is part of the issue.

DD

quikkag likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

Tfor3 and clos4life like this.
  9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thanks Fertits, you even have the media eating the garbge food you serve. I hope it came with a health warning that it is likely to give you massive explosive diarrhea.

Tuckmose likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Amen looks like a decent cook, Young does not mean he cannot take care of it.

Mac n Cheese, I am lactose Intolerant. :p

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nothing like home cookin' lol.

I think the standings reflect where I see the Rockets at season end... 7th-9th either making it in the playoffs or just missing it by a hair which is honestly insane given how bad they were last year and the fact that Rox are in the West and can't beat up the crappy East teams.

A lot of people don't realize it, but this Rockets team now is the worst it can be (barring injuries). The team has so many new guys, there's a new head coach, new system etc To be honest the way they are playing now is way ahead of schedule I thought we'd only get consistent wins after the deadline. They don't even have Amen and Cam in the lineup yet.

The only issue I can see is the 3 PT shooting. Ben Sullivan should work overtime and get their shot back on track. Rox can generate a lot of open looks with Sengun, FVV, Jalen and Brooks being willing passers, but it doesn't matter if the guys can't hit open shots. Although Jalen scored 30 and had a great game, he was also 3/13 from 3 and built a brick house along with Brooks (0/5), Tate (O/3) and Holiday (1/4). Rox were just lucky Grizzlies were missing 5+ players from last season lol.

Thankfully next game is a home game. Maybe Rox can have some shooting drills to regain their shot and be prepared vs Nuggets.

quikkag, clos4life, albuster and 2 others like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Our offense is horrendous, that was brutal. Green getting hot might have saved it from being downright abysmal. We're playing such basic ball and still we make it hard on ourselves. Defense is saving our asses big time. I'm not sure what's going on with Green's shot, is there a mechanical thing, because he's definitely not shooting it as a shooting coach would teach it. Anyway, this was an ugly one and we didn't take care of business until the 4th. I want to see Nate Williams get some serious burn, because every single time he's played, he's gone to the rim strong and he finishes. Unlike Tari & Tate. Hope we go back to our old game regardless, sharing the ball, picking the right spots to take shot and start to gel on offense a bit more.

Oh, just one more thing: the discrepancy in free throws is getting ridiculous. We're not getting calls, yet get called for anything. Tho do we do foul a lot, too much, even the vets.

#1073 JW86, Nov 23, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    albuster likes this.
  14. albuster

albuster Member

Indeed. It could have been painful.

15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The avatar would be 0-13, 1-12 or 2-11 if Silas was extended.

Good God.

Salvy likes this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Rockets is becoming a real team. A real team can win in a bad day.

Ancient Moabite and MadMax like this.
  17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rockets went on a 6 game winning streak and generated buzz and then the league mandated we get boned in the free throw margin every game after.

albuster likes this.
  18. MadMax

MadMax Member

Defense will keep you in games

19. R94

R94 Member

Sengun looking like Senpoon

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Crazy to think that Green might be the best defender on the court so far tonight.

Recovering from screens well and he's actually helping out teammates who lose their guy off ball