1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/21/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 20, 2022.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

I don't suspect him of anything other than 1v1 regarding the basketball. He doesn't manage the the game at all. I saw it to even Ryan was mad at him. Silas probably will brush it off as “we are young ” like KPJ finna turn John Stockton overnight

Stephen_A likes this.
  2. maj21

maj21 Member

KPJ, Jalen, and EG were awful at kicking the ball out to shooters. I’m so sick them trying to make layups over 3 guys. I hope they clean that up bc it’s quite ridiculous right now

cmoak1982 and Stephen_A like this.
  3. albuster

albuster Member

The offense was not the main problem last night. It was the D and it all fell apart when Silas had Bari as the center. That was when Ja took off. The Ja bloodbath only moderated when Alp was put back in and when he constantly got in the way of Ja in the middle of the paint. KPJ has to take control of the team on both sides of the court because the point is supposed to be the court general. Bari was being pushed around and the coaches should teach him how to position himself inside the paint. He is new but has immense talent but it is up to the coaches to show him how to use his height and great skills. Of course, experience will be his greatest teacher. The positive thing I saw with Green is that he is learning to pick his spots and decide when to take over the offense at critical moments of the game ala Steph Curry. He has a long way to go but he is becoming better with his basketball smarts.

JayGoogle and conquistador#11 like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Ok sure I agree with that. But KPJ as pg could have directed green to go to sengun or easily rotate it back to Green or still look for Sengun to get in position in low block. As pg that’s your job.

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just going by what the COACH saw and I saw

albuster and maj21 like this.
  6. maj21

maj21 Member

I get that. I just feel like our guards need a lot of work making reads. Mainly KPJ bc he’s the pg, but Jalen gotta work on the same thing if he’s gonna have the ball. They have to get their teammates involved more

albuster and Stephen_A like this.
  7. maj21

maj21 Member

Last thing I’ll add… this team really miss Tate there, especially defensively. I know a lot of you don’t wanna hear that, but it’s the truth. Hopefully we won’t be seeing Mathews anymore when he returns

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This coach sucks