1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/21/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 20, 2022.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Need to move KPJ to the 6th man role like most of us knew he was destined for. His contract isn't bad and if we can find a use for him it's win win.

clos4life, Ankara1923 and bmelo like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he has alllegedly contributed to the development of several stars. i don't have any evidence to dispute that. his body of work as a head coach cannot be denied however. his decision-making is amongst the worst in the league over the past several decades. his teams have no structure on offense or defense. to top all this off when it comes to working the refs he's the biggest pusssy smh

aaquaa, J.R., clos4life and 2 others like this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

We’ve hung in there with a top Eastern & Western team

KPJ wasn’t great in the 1st quarter but he had some good play making after that a few guys missed the 3 on

We’ll see how he looks come the end of the year. Feel like we’ve would’ve been blown out both games if not for his scoring ability

4. King1

Think you mean Jalen Green's scoring ability. KPJ was bad

aaquaa, Stephen_A and bmelo like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It really sounded to me that he was near Steph Curry, near Luka Doncic, while couple of other assistants were also 'near' those guys.

It's true, he did learn stuff from Carlisle, he isn't close to Carlisle level, that remained.

He has thrown too many 4th quarter blunders for my taste last season too.

Imagine more difficult players than KPJ, he can't control them, he is just emo.

aaquaa, clos4life and pippendagimp like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agreed, just that we have no irrefutable evidence he wasn't a part of these players' development. we do have Nook's insight that for our players it was the assistant coaches (ie lucas/weaver) who have been developing guys like green/kpj and not silas

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Am I the only one who noticed KPJ got jealous of Jalen making a comeback by himself and proceeded to kill momentum with individual plays? I appreciate KPJ's talent but he can't be the point guard

8. King1

Yeah he wants to be the star. I don't think he's going to accept his role unfortunately

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

It shocked me he was introduced last before opener. I hope it's just creating a narrative for the trade in the future

aaquaa, clos4life and King1 like this.
  10. King1

I honestly don't see much value for him. He's not a starter on a good team. If he's a 6th man and willing to accept I will take that. Probably best to cut ties. This is Green"s team

aaquaa, Stephen_A, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

His biggest value is being the tank commander

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Scoot Henderson would fit this team perhaps better than Wemby. We need a pg to close out those pesky 4th quarters.

aaquaa, clos4life, Ankara1923 and 3 others like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Interesting. I don’t know Scoots game too much. I thought Jaden Ivey would be a good fit as a combo guard. I liked what I saw last year in Green’s decision making with the ball in his hands as a play maker. He has a feel for the game. I don’t think KPJ has this feel. I think that’s the next level in Green’s development and coaching needs to put this trust in him. That play at end of the game where Green dished it off was inexcusable and speaks to the lack of identity and understanding of roles on this team. I think KPJ contract is great since they can release him at the end of the year. That combo isn’t working no matter how many points KPJ puts up because its not winning basketball and not a winning formula.

Hakeemtheking and pippendagimp like this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly! I can not believe after 2 games fans are ready to make major moves. KPJ is fine. We have a good YOUNG back court.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I noticed that too. Two assists the whole game isn't good. He is a great shooter, but sometimes needs to move that ball around more.

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

kpj has guaranteed money till the end of next season. i wanted ivey over jabari and that's why i'm one of the 16 "no" votes in his thread poll. i think jabari will end up a very good defensive player, to me he's like a rich man's covington. but ivey and green would have been devastating to the league

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A lot more. He needs to pass the ball to Jabari from the opening tip. Once Jabari settles down, the game will be easier for him.

We need Tate back as soon as he's fit in the backup PG role.

The biggest plus points were the comebacks from Jalen Green and Alperen Sengun.

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Pro Basketball has become let your best perimeter player be your “point guard” or
    “Playmaker”. KPJ is the point guard, but it is up for debate if he is the best player on the team with the ball in his hand. If he is, he is not that good of player to have the ball in his hand that much.

aaquaa likes this.
  19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

KPJ and Josh Christopher decrease the IQ level of the team 20 points.

aaquaa, King1 and clos4life like this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

J
    On the Stephen Adams screening every single Rocket into the upper bowl ad nauseam:

eliefor3 likes this.